Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Agendus 8.02

Agendus 8.02

Could someone tell me about K's Datebook and where to get it.

Its a new one to me and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Taa

Agendus 8.02

Here . It's freeware so you can try it yourself. I don't like it but that's just me.

Agendus 8.02

I was wishing A5 had the month colorizing thing - and then I remembered Agendus had "incorporated" MakeSpot.

The BRILLIANT Jim Cooke combination of Ks Datebook, A5 and MakeSport would just about do it but I'm going to check out Contacts 5 and the "Month thingie" Mooseman recommended - it's the MONTH that's actually important to me - month at a glance, with icons/colors. With MakeSpot doing the coloring and whatever that app MM mentioned, I might be set. I think all the above total 520k!! And I'd just assign different buttons/TLaunch commands depending on the "view" I wanted.

BLOATWARE!!! I love it!!

"NEW!! From Horrendous!!! State of the Art, award winning . . .
    BLOATWARE BETAS YOU PAY FOR !!!!"

Wooooohooooo!!!!

My nipples would etch GLASS.

Agendus 8.02

PTL...you are one crazy son-of-a-youknowwhat...

s

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Agendus 8.02

I think that's more information then I wanted to know.

There is a WeekPlanner as well but by a different developer however the two share secrets all the time. You can even use an icon database between them. Do the proverbial search at PalmGear for MonthPlanner and then WeekPlanner and you or we will be wondering how much colder it has to get before you can etch diamonds.

Agendus 8.02

I'll bet there's a market out there for etchings such as those, I know that the Tate in London will probably trying to contact you already...............

D

Agendus 8.02

KSDatebook looks great! Does anybody know of a free or low cost contact linking program? I would like to link contacts to calendar events and tasks. I have been using Datebk 5, but it also uses a lot of memory. I also don't know if the latest version has the T3's enhanced calendar and address database fields.

Agendus 8.02

The new TealPhone alpha 4.09 promises to completely revamp TealPhone (I've never used it before, relying on Agendus and the stock Palm phone book).

Contact linking is apparently a big priority, and the finished products should be out before end of July. There are usually a couple of additional tweaks, but UPGRADES ARE FREE!!

For a free program, you're absolutely right - K's datebook combined with MakeSpot would be very good. I'm just not ready to dump Agendus just yet (you have to give it credit for "pizzazz, color and ease of use") but can't justify 1MB, constant upgrade fees and bugs.

Someone will fill this gap (possibly Ks Datebook) - icons, hiliting of lines in a week/list view, and contact linking. Just a matter of time. I emailed Ks Datebook and explained that people would pay for the app (and should) if it provided ICON ABILITY. Who knows, this may occur since that application is updated OFTEN. Iambic have lost AllMoney, Tiny Sheet, Fastwriter and are messing up Agendus - they ought to sell the app to developers who can "run with it," or STRIP IT DOWN themselves (relieving us all of "gif overlays" and other 150-200k "BLOATERS" and get back to what's important - color coded calendar.

I have experimented with EZMaintain (good app for cleaning up yoiur phone book) and Contacts5 (MUCH better than ContactsPro, but 800k to manage a 100k phone book is a little beyond me).

It just seems to me that if your Contacts are 100k (roughly 630 contacts, let's say), and you tie up 1MB in "managing" those contacts and contact history, it's a waste. Wouldn't it be much easier (and I'm asking all of you this) if you just made a note in MEMO section of Contacts, for example "Anniversary 7/14/04" and then used FINDHACK to look in "Contacts Only" for "Anniversay" -- and get a "roster" you could then pick from?

Agendus Contacts management IS REALLY REALLY Good - and very versatile. Just the hiliting ability in the main contacts list is handy to separate things by "category." But if you REALLY want Contact management, and use Agendus, EZMaintain and Contacts5, you're at roughly 2MB tomanage a 100k file. Is it me or does that seem excessive? You can do a lot with Contacts Memos, if you know how to find them - and that's where FindHack 4.0.6 comes in. Contacts5 adds it's own "sort information" to the memo section of any given contact you "track;" this just pollutes the memo field in Contacts if you ask me. There is no other way for them to do it, and I understand that - but it's almost as if you "marry" Contacts5 or some other contact manager because from then on your Address Book/Contacts DBase is "marked" with their references.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information