Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Agendus Users Please Read:

nothing personal bud, just call it like I see it. Time for the meds maybe??

Yeah meds..because the worst thing in my post was the word "dummy".

Lemme tell you, they need to send me to a ward! I'm crazy! Dummy.

[/sarcasm]

You should be simply ashamed of yourself, SOS. I mean . . . a PERSONAL QUEST to attack??!! How do you even sleep at night?

Oh God, the humanity.

Then again, I'm an elitist.

SO . . . back to the, err, THREAD . . . :

If you don't use repeating to-do's and try to delete them, or use contact photos, or ANY alarms, you should be fine.

They're already taking suggestions for Version 9 . . . HEY SOS? Do you have any "thoughts" as to what could be included in the magical successor to 8.0/8.01/8.02/8.03/8.04 - WAIT WE NEED MORE MONEY . . . 8.05/?

Quickly now . . . I hear they're already backed up with advance orders from people who don't know the difference between Standard and Pro . . . Time is running out! Only $57.95 . . . . but if you buy it from them now you get a free mixing bowl . . . (Don McLean/"Color TV Blues"

Now THIS is an interesting thread. Informative, funny, dramatic, it has it all! I'm a Datebk5 user so I'll shut up now.

Actually I was planning on introducing here for the first time the DRAMATIC plans for Version 11.0 - when you delete a recurring to-do, a pair of Elizabeth Hurley lavender lips pop out and . . . .

Oh. Sorry. That's egarc's "private add-on patch" he wrote for a datebook app. I'm mailing my money order today . . . . .

If there's one thing worse than a damn Mac user, it's a Mac and Datebk5 . . . . . .

HAHAHA! WELCOME BACK, BUDDY!! WE MISSED YA!!
    Bet you never had this prob with Datebk5 - at least they've been consistent, from what I hear . . . and mention putting the app in FLASH right on the website. Now they're some upstanding folks.

So are you -- welcome back, seriously. Now we're cookin'.

Paul wrote:

Try this one. How about a damn Mac user, Datebk5 user and a Clie user?

The only reason I switched from Agendus to Datebk5 is that Sony has never fixed a dual alarm bug in the TH55 where Clie Organizer and Palm Datebook both hit the same alarm. Datebk5 has a preference where it will handle all alarms exclusively. A huge thanks to the developer of Datebk5!

Anyway, I've never really left. I just haven't had much to contribute since my T3 bit the dust so I've been more of a reader than poster.

I'm glad that the spirit of PdaStreet is still going strong.

ed-

this thread is bizarre. That guy from Iraq (poor guy for living in a war zone) has caused us to lose topic everywhere! Lets focus everyone! F-O-C-U-S --- Focus!

I don't think he is living in a war zone. I don't think he's living in Iraq based upon earlier comments and posts.

Carrots taste bad

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here is the response I got from an email to James at Iambic, who bless him is the only one responding to ANYONE at present:
    --------------------------------------

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, sorry for the difficulties. When you purchase any version any and all subsequent .x updates are free of charge. New major versions we started charging for around v5 or v6 due to the significant development costs involved. It costs us money to pay engineers, technical support people, and all the others necessary for a product like this to be developed and regularly improved upon. There's nothing preventing you from
    staying with 7.x if 8.0 isn't a compelling upgrade for you, we try hard to add new useful features. Other competitors may offer free or less frequent upgrades and the difference between Agendus and their products is obvious.

I'd be wary of buying any software app with lifetime free upgrades, this basically guarantees that there will likely never be any major new upgrade available.

end of quote
    -------------------------------------------------
    AND MY RESPONSE TO HIM:
    James, thank you for responding and I will credit you with that on the forum. I sing the praises of Agendus more than its failures, I assure you. While I am upgrading to 8.04 PRO, I would like the option of "returning to the standard version;" I'll indicate that. I remember liking 5.35 better than 6.14, and Iambic were kind enough to "sell me" 6.04, but also download to me 5.35 which I used for a long time (I LOVED the solid blue day headers!)

As far as upgrades, no one does a better job than Tealpoint at refreshing and adding new features AS WELL AS giving free upgrades for 2 years (short of a MAJOR re-write like Paint or Doc); but I can see that this has been a MAMMOTH project for you. A friend of mine bought 7.06 and was charged $9.95 6 weeks later - I thought that was excessive. Still, I appreciate your responding and hope that the remaining little "issues" - checking off repeating to-dos, contact photo problems and the "alarms thing" will finally be worked out before we take any more "ideas" for Version 9 - it would be nice if people's concerns were addressed regarding Version 8 - and you obviously are taking the time to do that, even if ALL ALONE. I commend you for that. Thanks/Paul

end of quote
    ----------------------------------------------

I guess that means if you purchase a "somewhat fixed 8.04/5/7/? and in 3 weeks Version 9.0 comes out - you're paying again and starting all over with "fixes." I've spent a hell of a lot on software and have have never see this "price structuring;" Handmark will STILL upgrade MobileDB4 or WordSmith and I bought those 2 years ago.

THIS IS IMPORTANT, FOLKS:

We all need to be VERY careful as OS6 approaches that you are in fact GETTING WHAT YOU PAY FOR; I would suggest strongly you use a trial for AS LONG AS POSSIBLE (certainly 15-30 days) to test the program under all conditions: desktop accessories running on top of it, running immediately after a soft reset or restoring a backup file, seeing how many saved prefs it keeps and how often they change, whether "dragging" functions work on the T3 with "Write on Screen" OFF AND ON (very important!) and other situations.

Perhaps another good move would be to not necessarily jump on the new version first thing Monday at 9AM - if the older one works well, LOOK CLOSELY at "new features;" often they apply to a model you don't even own. "If it works, don't fix it" is so true and especially now . . . I have OFTEN found the "older" one was better. Many software companies will download you an older version if you simply ask.

It will be interesting to see what Iambic do over the Summer and early Fall with Version 8 Agendus, Version 9 (eta?) and OS6

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information