Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Agendus Users Please Read:

".....I'd be wary of buying any software app with lifetime free upgrades, this basically guarantees that there will likely never be any major new upgrade available."

wot? How about Zlauncher, MMplayer and a host of others. Surely he isnt trying to say that the effort of developing a bloody datebook replacement is more than trying to play full screen video on a handheld device?? This is BS of the most irritating kind. Agendus (sorry Paul, Horrendous) is truly commercial software and I guess we have to put up with it or use somethig else.....

by request...

To continue my rantette, I suspect we have yet to see the worst. OS6 will be a nice little earner for them I suspect...you can just see it...'all new OS6 native version Agendus 10.0 ...complete re-write with even more bells and whistles....Mahler's 5th symphony for true DVD quality alarms sounds....virtual holographic highlighting....all for $19.95 for registered users, $39.95 for everyone else' -size now 4Mb.... Then , 10 minutes later, 10.01 (25 bug fixes and 4 new features one of which will be a 'prescience' option/preference that actually predicts what you will be doing next week). That will be enough for v10 and two weeks later, we'll see 11.0 (now the 'upgrade' is still 19.95, well, you know, the iambic boys have to live!!)...etc etc...you know it makes sense to pay for the 'upgrade subscription'...aaaaarrrrggghhhh! These people are nuts.

ahhhhh, thats better.....

That's what I'm talkin' about. Full fledged rebellion. I went easy on him in my response because . . . what's the point - I'm fed up with it. Well, you've fired me up now . . . I'm AMENDING that S.O.B.!!

GOD I wish I'd thought of those two examples of YOURS and shot back - and might do so in the forum (theirs). I think part of the trouble is some of these people (ok, him) aren't really USERS like us - and God forbid ever speak out against their own product.

"Lee did," when I would repeatedly bug him regarding the SynchManager problems for TinySheet; he finally told me about its pending "discontinuation." Now I can't get in touch with him and I don't know if he's even THERE.

They've got one dog left and they're runnin' it hard - FastWriter, All Money and Tiny Sheet are gone; unless you think "Ababall" is going to make the dreamboat sail in, Agendus is it.

And they're screwin' that up now, too. The nice folks at MMPlayer, Natara, Brayder, Tealpoint, Wanadoo (Florent Pillet/FindHack), Peter Easton and jkware will have the last laugh as the "titan" sadly flops down. Consumers will not continue to pay for this.

Here's the addendum just posted on the iambic forum; I won't take up space here:

http://support.iambic.com/forum/show...2267#post32267

See if that gets any responses - I'm convinced, SOS, that we're not the only two people that feel this way but they don't seem to be listening. Mooseman was/might still be a BETA TESTER for them for Pete's sake; he's wiped more insight about Agendus out of his EARS this morning than the rest of us will ever have; if they don't listen to him, or these posts - it's time for something else. I've never seen pricing like this for handhelds -- and people have the nerve to knock Bill Gates??!! At least Windows 95 still runs!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here's the text of email just sent to James regarding UPGRADE PAID:

-------------------------------------------------
    James: Wanted to thank you again for writing and advise the following so you know my "comments on the forum" are CONSTRUCTIVE and from a paying customer!!

Money order (Traveller's Express) #45********* mailed today for the FULL $19.95 upgrade fee (didn't take the 15% discount) to upgrade from 7.06 to 8.04 Agendus Pro. I would like a link to Agendus STANDARD as well as PRO, as I may revert back to the Standard Version depending on IambicMail (which I don't currently use). This way I have the option of Standard or Pro, if that's possible. I remember when I bought 6.14, I was sent a link for 5.35, which I actually preferred and used for some time before going to 7.06.

Nothing in my complaints are personal against you and the other fine people I'm sure work for Iambic; it is just a matter of getting features WORKING that I'm paying for, and hopefully not being charged again for future upgrades. I'm more concerned with Version 8 working than Version 9.

All the best to you - wanted you to know this was on its way as promised.

Take Care and thanks for your response/ Paul
    -----------------------------------------

Somehow I have faith that James in Customer Service, and James/Moderator-Administrator, will pay at least some attention to the posts and emails; hopefully Iambic will "alter" its policies of "sticking it to the regulars" from now on. All we can do is hope; I've done what I can. Perhaps some of you out there can relay YOUR thoughts as well so that Iambic can be "brought in line" with other software developers who have a more "fair" pricing structure.

I'm done on this topic and thanks all, for reading!

Right on bro.... Shame really about their slightly greedy attitude because it is a great app and desreves support, but by v12, Ill have spent ~$70...on a palm app for chrissssakes....what is the world coming to???

I say if they offer a 9.0 that fixes bugs with 8.0 and adds features, they should also offer a patch for 8.0 that fixes the same bugs but ads no features.

now, here again, I absolutely agree. This is an eternal problem with 'major' upgrades for which payment is necessary. All of the subsequent bug fixes that are still relevant to previous versions, are not available if you dont upgrade. This is unacceptable (but sadly, is usually the case).

Well, we may have had our differences in the past -- but Sir Crash is right on here - FIX THE F***** FIRST before cramming another broken one down our throats. Well said.

A patch for 8.0 was 8.01/02/03 and now 8.04 - I imagine by 8.06 (like 7.06) they'll have their act together.

Thank you Crash, and SOS, for the support - I know it sounds "whiney" of me but the last straw was when poor DROPSHORT got hosed . . . I can't have fellow brits -- or fellow PDA Street brethren -- getting the short end. We ALL DO ENOUGH to support developers around here without, as SOS puts it so accurately, a "$70 cumulative app."

YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE RENTING THE SON OF A B****.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information