Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digitizer Fix For T3!!!

I hate to say this, but I could survive a week without the T3. I have and hp4150 (Please don't hate me forever!)
    And then of course there is my IIIc, which I have learnt to use (just press approx 2cm below and .5cm to the left of where you are trying to click on screen )
    iiicRuled

Digitizer Fix For T3!!!

I still have my lllc also. Wonder if anyone would give me a nickel for it?...lol

Digitizer Fix For T3!!!

Awe crap! I just sent my Tungsten T2 in for a screwed up digitizer. They'll probably send me a refurb.

My question to you all is this: Is this digitizer problem across the board with all makes of PDA's using the Palm OS, or is it relegated to just the Palm brand????

In other words, does the Sony Clie have all these digitizer problems? My thought is that if this Tungsten T2 comes back and it goes bad....then I'll buy a different brand.

But, if all brands with Palm OS do it....then maybe it's time to consider a PDA with a Microsoft OS???

Digitizer Fix For T3!!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sultan
    Awe crap! I just sent my Tungsten T2 in for a screwed up digitizer. They'll probably send me a refurb.

My question to you all is this: Is this digitizer problem across the board with all makes of PDA's using the Palm OS, or is it relegated to just the Palm brand????

In other words, does the Sony Clie have all these digitizer problems? My thought is that if this Tungsten T2 comes back and it goes bad....then I'll buy a different brand.

But, if all brands with Palm OS do it....then maybe it's time to consider a PDA with a Microsoft OS???
    [/QUOTe

I think all Palm models have had some calibration/digitizer problems, but the T3 is THE worst of all...probably (maybe) due to the slider mechanism. Have you done a search to review the posts and comments on the T2 digitizer problem?

Digitizer Fix For T3!!!

My experience is that the Palm brand is much worse the the Clie when it comes to digitizer problems. I've owned four Palms - a IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, and a 515. All except the IIIx had digitizer problems with the IIIc being by far the worst. I've owned an SJ22 and T665 and only the T665 had a slightly out of alignment digitizer that was easily fixed. I believe that Palm and Sony use different screen suppliers and Palm's suppliers just don't seem to be able to get the digitizer thing right. The Handera and iQue also seem to have very few digitizer problems so I can't help but think that this a Palm quality control issue.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digitizer Fix For T3!!!

Thanks for the replies....my Tungsten T2 has the slider function exactly like the T3....except that it doesn't have as big a screen.

I'll check into the T2 forums...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digitizer Fix For T3!!!

Digitizer Fix For T3!!!
    Ist thanks to BILL GAMBLE on rabroad Forum. I have two T3's that were in the trash heap due to digitizer problems that couldn't be fixed. Now both are working almost like new. If your problem is a hardware problem, and it probably is, then you can repair it yourself. I am a total mechanical clutz so if I can do it anybody can. Actually there isn't much harm you can do to the unit. Just lift up the ribbon from its connection and then replace (reseat) it. I did it on BOTH of my T3's. Both are now about 90% back to normal. Again thanks to Bill Gamble's Aug 13, 8:38am post on rabroad Forum.

Here's Bill's link to fix the digitizer:

http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant...gsten_takeapart

Are you saying that by simply lifting and reseating the connector that you fix the digitizer problem?

Richard

Digitizer Fix For T3!!!

Yes. Going on 2 weeks ago I lifted the connector and then just reseated it on 2 T3's. Both are still digitizing accurately, except one of them is still a little off around the status bar. Maybe the digitizer on one or both will eventually go haywire again, but if they do I'll just reseat it again since it only takes a few minutes.

Digitizer Fix For T3!!!

Wow, just was notified via email that my Tungsten T2 (similar to the T3 except for the extended viewing area) has been repaired and has been shipped back to me.

The problem? The inoperable digitizer....imagine that?!

This turnaround was a matter of 3 days....pretty impressive. But, the larger question is; is it really fixed and will it stay fixed?!

Time will tell....I'll let ya know

Digitizer Fix For T3!!!

Good luck. I'll pray for you!!..lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information