Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Digitizer Fix For T3!!!

Nowhere is mentioned what the digitiser problems were that got fixed by reseating the cable. Was it total anarchy on the screen or was it like on my T3 that with the screen extended the screen seems to think it is smaller than it is, so you have to touch it below the icon on the status bar?

Digitizer Fix For T3!!!

On one of my T3's nothing worked. On our other T3 it was OK when slider was closed. When opened it was off calibration by 1/4 of an inch, mostly near the status bar. The reseating seemed to fix both. 2 weeks and both are still OK!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digitizer Fix For T3!!!

Ok....I just received my T2 back which is very similar to the T3...you know, with the slider mechanism and all.

Of course, Palm just ships it back with no explanation of what they actually did....so I call in and talk to someone in India, no doubt, and they put me on hold....come back and tell me that they replaced the "fluid" that lies between the glass and something else....that the fluid was missing or leaked or something.....

I said, "Fluid?! What fluid? I never saw anything leaking." And he says, "Well it's like a plasma that is part of the tapping mechanism...." or something to that regard.

Anyway...it seems to be working now...as far as digitizing goes....what I tap is selected for a change...but for how long is anyone's guess.

He also told me that they get very few palms back for digitizing related problems....at which point I laughed and told him he should visit the palm forum sites.

Oh, and then the dorks cobbed my "dummy card" that fits in the slot on top of the palm when you don't have an accessory card in....so now I have this gapping hole just waiting for dirt and stuff to fill it.

Digitizer Fix For T3!!!

\

Hope it continues to work! Send me SASE and I'll be happy to send you a filler card.

WGH
    3100 Fairfield Ave, Apt #14D
    Shreveport, LA 71104

Digitizer Fix For T3!!!

Hey, thanks a ton Bill....it's on it's way.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information