Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tungsten T3 users, please tell me how ?

I have had Lexars at 64M and 256M, both made by Panasonic- VFSMarks were very high. I then bought a 512M from another mfr (low, low price)- crummy VFSMark and abandoned the card- replaced it with SimpleTech 512M. VFSMark on all tested tasks are the highest I have seen. I am now a permanent convert to SimpleTech...and, of course, the card was made by Panasonic, for SimpleTech.

cemuller

Thanks so much for taking the time to give your feedback. Cemuller, where did you purchase you Simpletech if you don't mind me asking.

I just read about someone else's satisfaction with the Simpletech as well. In this and other forums.
    For me in particular, it looks like mail order to get the Simpletech.

Cemuller, could you tell me if you had to run the Palmone software first ?

I purchased a cheap, cheap 1GB myself, as you did and I had to work for hours to get the PDA in working order.

A lifetime warantee on the card isn't bad either.

I don't want to get another Lexar, so I am going to join you on the Simpletech Parade.

Here are some specs on the Simpletech

Nice also is the list of compatible devices on the site and the T3 is mentioned.

Nice also on their web site is a list of specific compatible devices

It costs $115 to order on their site, with free shipping. I will try to find it for less.

Jon,

I've actually had very good luck with Lexar cards and they score reasonably well in benchmark tests. They are made by Panasonic, which has always made reliable memory cards. I also use Sandisk and, contrary to what some people's experiences have been, they've worked fine for me although slower than a Lexar.

Regarding the TR quote (I wonder if there is any president that's more quoted than him? ), this is the full quote. If you're going to edit a quote, I think it's an accepted practice to at least show it was edited by using ellipses for the missing parts. Also note that he penned these word in 1918, long after he was president and in the midst of a nasty campaign to unseat Wilson.

"The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else."

just for the record...afaik, all sd cards are made by either sandisk, panasonic or toshiba. Everything else is a rebranded version of one of these so lets not get too complicated about it. Sandisk have a poor record but the ultra's may now be quite good. Panasonic appear to be very good but usually expensive(I have one and its fantastic) and toshiba seem to be fine also. The rest, as they say, is details...bottom line, read the forums, make your decision and buy one. Chances are, which ever you go for, all will be well (just may be 'weller' with some than others). New T3s have the sd patch thing pre-installed so dont worry....

SoS- Thank you for info on manufacturers, didn't realize that there were this few producers.... and, I got this information from Tech Support at one of them: The high-speed cards that are produced ONLY show benefit of improved performance in digital cameras made to take advantage of this. Otherwise, performance =standard, e.g., in pdas.

Jolo- You may want to check out ecost.com or buy.com. I hit a promotion when I ordered my SimpleTech. Good experience on various transactions with both sources.

Finally, FYI- How much difference can manufacturer make?- My current card VFSMarks at File Write (critical for me) at say 122-125%, my previous (disposed of) SD had truly GLACIAL performance- File Write usually at 10% or so... yes, not a typo. [I am using a T2, not a T3; results in a T3 would be relative but much better, I believe.

I have also had excellent results with Lexar/Panasonic 64M and 256M.

First to my friend Jim is my favorite of the entire q

oooops,
    Acidental mouse click with this wireless keyboard I am going to return. Sorry.
    Jim, is probably my favorite part of the message which to me means that "democracy is not a spectator sport".
    " Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. "
    I certainly didn't want to get wordy on my signiture of Roosevelts, but I saw it quoted the way I posted it, short like that. I did a copy and paste.
    I do not understand the touchiness or the academic nature of it. I just felt that the U.S. is in need of dialogue and should not be in fear of expressing their thoughts. I look at the President and congress as my employees who I respect, but certainly am not in "awe" of.
    It is we the people who pay them and give the, the privilage of being trusted servants for the nation and I feel like there is not enough dialogue about our trusted servants or elected representatives or employees, without labels and judgements being thrown at people.
    I think it is not healthy and democracy crumbles. 30% of people who vote in most elections is very sad, media that doesn't allow for those rainbow of ideas, thoughts, opinions and experiences.

I did not bring this discussion up by the way and it has been on hundreds of postings on different forums without incident.

Jon

Jon,

Understood. I just wanted to post the entire quote as I think it puts TR's words more in context.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use a SanDisk 512. Yes, I know it's a SanDisk. Yes I know it's slower than some other cards. But it is reliable, and I have not had a speed problem at all with it since Palm released the OS patch.

Sandisk can be found in retail stores all over. It does appear that problems for the T3 are gone withthe patch, although thee are isues with other sources which are outside of this discussion which concerns me as well.

I prefer the Panasonic cartel of "panasonic", "lexar", and Simpletech", which would be my favorite on the strenth of their strong web site and strong support.

BUT ...getting a Sandisk Ultra is certainly not a mistake, like it might of been earlier on.

Costs are all over the place.

Jon

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information