Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ok, I took the plunge...

I just found this interesting article about the T5 rumors:

http://www.rabroad.com/article/Battl...sten_T5_Rumors

One interesting thing mentioned was that one source said the T5 will have flash memory, which will allow your data to stay on the device if the battery is completely drained. If this is true, then it sounds like the battery life will have a significant improvement.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, I took the plunge...

So they've finally learned their lesson - if this is true?

After Brayder was VILLIFIED and users were threatened with statements like "If you alter your ROM you void your warranty" and then bundling things in Flash we didn't need, NOW they're going to provide it as STOCK? Amazing and hilarious.

Anything to try and put the "bad boy" Brayder out of biz, I guess -- or perhaps Brad's the CONSULTANT ont this??!!

Either way consumers win. This is the BEST THING I'VE HEARD about a new model, dwinget - and a definite reason to "stay interested" on my part. Flash is the greatest thing since sliced bread not only for hard reset protection but also to give you CONTROL over what's "built in" - that was my reason for "Spratting;" not wanting duplicate copies of the same app should I upgrade that app because one was "rigid" in the OS.

The part about USB Connector in lieu of "Universal" Connector is also good news - especially since it's now a recognized "drive" seen by the PC. That was fnagle's big thing about CardExport and now THAT's apparently stock, too. Ehhhhxcelleeennnt.

Tremendous find! Now if it's the landscape view with no slider, I might have to eat some "anti OS6" crow . . . and rush out and buy one!! I'd still like to hear even a RUMOR of what applications will be compatible - if there is any "reverse compatibility" at all with OS5 current applications. Here's hoping and praying . . .

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, I took the plunge...

Hehehehe - will be checking in every now and then. I've met some very smart and friendly folks on this forum. I would very much want to keep up with you guys on how life progresses in the Palm world. Who know's - I may switch back to Palm PDA's sometime after the T5.
    KimH

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, I took the plunge...

You will probably need a program to view native MS Office documents on your new Pocket PC. Here is one that will let you view, but not edit files:

http://www.westtek.com/pocketpc/suite/

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, I took the plunge...

Windows Mobile devices ship with M$ Office....so editing/viewing word files should be a piece a cake.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, I took the plunge...

True, but you're going to be amazed at how much worse Pocket Word and Excel are than Docs to Go.

Still, I wish you good luck and think that you are probably the first of many. If the OS 6 Palm's don't have wifi and bluetooth, it's over for Palm. With PDA's now only having the single advantage of screen size over smartphones, Palm would have to be nuts not include wireless connectivity. 256 mb of RAM is great but wireless is the way the world is moving. At this point, looking at the Dell Axim X30with a 312 mHz processor, 64 mb of RAM, and both wifi and bluetooth for $251 or the same machine with a 624 mhz processor for $315, how much longer can any of us whistle past the graveyard and say that a T3 at more money and less capability is the thing to buy?

Ok, I took the plunge...

I looked at the Dell Axim and it does have a ton of features but it is an ugly PDA for sure..IMHO..feels like a brick and reminds of the early Windows CE days. Otherwise a good deal for sure.

Hopefully the T5 hoax will send a message to Palmone and give them "subtle" hints to show what consumers are hoping/expecting in the next revision.

Say - does anyone have a cell phone number for one of the higher ups in Palmone so we can serve our piece of mind? Would very much like to interrupt the golf game and raise certain issues

T minus 5 days until I'm not longer a Palm owner....been good many years for me - certainly a mixed bag of emotions.

Anyone remember when the original Palm Pilot shipped? That was my first model.

KimH

Ok, I took the plunge...

It's time we got serious as a forum and stopped "whistling by the graveyard" (GREAT ANALOGY JIM!!); if we want to DO something and stop just whining about the results (I know I have) --

there must be a way to copy and paste sections of this forum and CERTIFIED MAIL the comments to someone at Palm.

Does anyone in fact HAVE that information on here? Perhaps we could leave it up to the Mods to handle the text(s) since the format of this site would be "copied" and mailed as a document. That raises certain legal issues if one of us do it, I think. Our own posts are our property, but not the FORMATTING of the PDA Street page itself.

It is CRUCIAL in my estimation that the brightest PDA users around (and they're on here!) get INVOLVED and at least make feelings known.

I don't think this is a case of "We can use Dad's old barn as a stage -- Come on kids . . . let's put on a show" mentality. Collectively we've got a hell of a lot of history and know-how and I don't think "focus groups" at the Westin Hotel eating crackers and cheese and voting on PDAs know what the hell they're talking about.

We do.

Ok, I took the plunge...

Hey guys,

I hate to sound so negative but it seems that the demise of Palm is written all over the place. I am shocked at how many people are talking about switching to PPC at the Clie forums. Then this thread!? Wow.

I emailed a software developer who wrote a wi-fi sniffer for PalmOne pdas and asked if he would consider Clie TH55 support. His response was shocking to me. He said that Sony had disabled new registrations for their developer community! WTF!!! So Sony doesn't want new software written for Clie? The conspiracy theorist in me thinks Sony is trying to kill the Palm OS so they can make their rumored switch to PPC with no competition from their installed base of Palm users.

I'm trying to keep positive about Cobalt. But if Cobalt is as restrictive as it sounds and the hardware can't keep up with PPC, I'm afraid market share will drop like a rock.

Like Paul said, Palm needs to hear from the brightest users of their products. Otherwise, the winds of change will blow them away.

ed-

Ok, I took the plunge...

I've stopped whistling at graveyards or anything else, and now I'm must plain pissed.

THAT, you handsome Texan, is the SINGLE WORST news ANY of us could have (other than the fact they've predicted a major earthquake for my area on or before September 5th - and this guy has been right 3 times!!).

So "10,000 software developers writing for Palm" is about to go to . . . . 7?? Then they've just killed the only reason MORE people didn't have PPCs - that "Windows" was the evil locked empire that no one could write for except MS!

Here's what I see:
    No Hacks.
    No DAs.
    No new developers.
    No upgrades available for CURRENT "older" apps (too difficult except for the "big boys" who are "married" to Palm, like Dataviz)
    No WiFi.
    No reason for people to develop Landscape View programs.
    No Mac Support.

Wow - why don't we all go out tomorrow, bright and early, have a White Mocha Breve at Starbucks, and then buy 213 pairs of PANTS WE HATE, TOO.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information