Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ok, I took the plunge...

I just got permission from the developer to post his email. Again, I was asking for Clie TH55 support for his wi-fi sniffer.

Now I'm off to the 1src forums to post it there.

Ok, I took the plunge...

LOL!!

Ok, I took the plunge...

PTL

Some good news at last, then?

No earthquake!

Ryetee

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, I took the plunge...

Thanks Ryetee - yes, I'd like to strangle the old Russian B****** that put this out . . . now claims (according to yesterday's paper) it was "probably" a false alarm.

To have an idea through scientific means and NOT warn people would be wrong; however when you're wrong you should HAVE to release all the data you had - which he's saving for some "science paper" to come out in the future.

I'm a little miffed, after having lost EVERYTHING in Northridge - but thanks for the well wishes.

I used to laugh at quakes . . . like that great scene in "LA Story" where they take bets on the magnitude . . . after Northridge I don't laugh.

Thanks for thinking of me! There were two BIG ones off the coast of Japan . . . glad to see these "seismic glory hounds" are as accurate as the weather folks!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, I took the plunge...

But if their "spider sense" had told them and then they don't tell us, they look like weirdos when they say after the fact, "Oh, I knew it was going to happen." (But that doesn't make up for keeping us in perpetual tenseness forever waiting for it to happen. Kinda like "terror alerts.")

On topic: I've been away from our boards some, and I have to admit that I've been looking at some PPC models at those abysmal store displays trying to figure out if I can get with it. It's very foreign to me, and I much prefer PalmOne to make the PDA I want and stop yanking us around, but I've been testing myself to see if it's possible to switch.

Mark/Space makes that PPC-to-Mac software, so hopefully I could still sync and backup stuff to my Mac.

I am hesitant, though, because of the whole "evil empire" thing and just the whole wrongness of it all. I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm thinking of switching platforms. I thought, at the most, I'd go from Palm to Sony, ut now they're gone and Palm has no one to push them in the good direction.

All I know is that if my T|3 didn't have these digitizer problems in the "open" mode, I'd be happy with what I've got. But I feel like getting a new PDA without factory digitizer issues and, while I'm at it, I might as well enjoy wi-fi and all that. I just wish that the choice wasn't so drastic.

Torn.
    POL9A

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, I took the plunge...

right on PoL...welcome back, albeit possibly temporarily....hell, friend of mine just got hold of a HP4150..ok the screen sucks but otherwise it looks and feels great......plays movies...generally works...nothing major, just seems to work!

......earth to Pa1mOne....anyone receiving??????? Hope the next round of machines is very good...either that or the new rumoured nokia smartphones aint so good else you are HISTORY!! P1...talk to us, give us a clue...we want to listen but patience is a virtue not all are blessed with.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information