Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tungsten T3 as MP3 Player

My trusty old IIIc finally crapped out on me, and I used this as an exscuse to upgrade to a T3 (bought on ebay - it is enroute)..

So I am looking forward to my increased potential, and am curious about something...

How viable is the T3 as an mp3 player?

1. What is the battery life like? If I am playing tunes, how long have I got???

2. Assuming that I am storing songs on a SM card, what will performance be like? Will I notice lag or delays between songs from a one meg card?

What I am trying to decide is whether or not I can use this device, in conjunction with a BIG mem card as an alternative to a mini-ipod.. would be cheaper and more convenient if it worked, but will it work????

Tjamls!

TONS OF MATERIAL on this forum if you use the trusty "search button."

It will work, but you will definitely not get the battery life of the iPod. You're probably talking three hours max.

You can use the built in speaker, or headphones. Expect the sound to be lower quality than that of the iPod, and needless to say, it will not hold as much as the iPod, but it will work.

A T3 running NormSoft's Pocket Tunes or Aerodrome's AeroPlayer with the screenblanking function enabled should allow at least 5 hours playtime on a full charge.

A 512MB SD card will hold on the order of 150 - 250 music MP3 tracks depending on the bit rate at which you encode them. For better sound quality and smaller files consider using Ogg-Vorbis encoding (read about it at the Pocket Tunes website).

Finally, sound quality can be in the good to very good range depending for the most part on your choice of ear/headphones.

Carmine Castiglia
    Get your stuff back for leass with StuffBak labels and tags!

Thanks for the input (and please keep it coming)...

My reason for asking is that I ride the train to and from work each day (30 minutes each way)...

And while it sounds like this is not a substitute for an ipod, it might be a good way to zone out for an hour each day... and a cheaper one at that...

(Until the price of the mini comes down, something better comes along and/or other higher priorities are addressed)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Also remember that there are many MP3 players out there that are cheaper and close to being as good as an IPod.
    A Palm gives you a chance to listen to music while you run other programs (games, utilities, etc....) That is the plus on having a palm. I listen to music while playing a game, or I just can see a movie going to work.

But if its only music that you want then a palm may not be your solution

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information