Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: T3 alarms

T3 alarms

Yes, agree some of what you say. The problem with PDA's like the T3 that are multi tasking is that batteries have not kept up with the demands that these machines make. My original PDA went for so long, I had to put in a reminder to charge the battery.
    I was not complaining really. My complaint was that for one reason or another, one of the primary functions of this piece of equipment was to tell me that I had an appointment coming up. Because of the useless battery life, Palm have put in a feature that makes you turn the darn thing off to save the power. The keyboard driver, for one reason or another, turned off this feature. End of story.
    I am so disatisfied with the battery life, I am selling my T3 and looking for something with hopefully a longer battery endurance. I don't want to have to charge the battery daily or do the alternative which is to stop using Bluetooth, etc to conserve power.
    Again, lets just remember what the concept of these machines was originally for.
    Doug

T3 alarms

Doug,

That's too bad your considering getting ready to rid yourself of the power hungry T3. I was just in the process of developing a proto type secondary power supply for the unit.

It would consist of a little red wagon, a 12 volt (actually 14.2 volt) car battery and a pair of jumper cables. This way you could drag along the red wagon with the battery as you went about your daily busy or work. And when it went dead you could attach it to your car's battery as your driving back from work so as to have a fresh charge for the next day business.

I too remember the early Palms and having to either change the batteries once a month or every other month. I recall my most favorite was the Palm Vx that would literally last at least a month before worrying about finding the charger.

The batteries haven't kept up with the devices but the devices do so much more that I guess it's too be expected, although still a little dissappointing.

T3 alarms

You could probably even hook it up so that when you drag the wagon, it charges the battery. Might get a whole four hours out of the battery then. . .

T3 alarms

Thats funny Moose Man! I remember buying the first electronic calculator by Casio back in 1973 (yes, I'm that old!). The battery in it lasted about 20 seconds flat out and I remember rigging up an "additional" battery pack for it that was six times the size of the calculator. I still have this museum piece somewhere, must be worth a fortune!
    Why is it always the battery that lets us down? Imagine a car with a battery that lasts about an hour. You can't put on the heating or the lights, and God forbid, not the CD player else you won't make the next top up station! Surely technology should be better than this in this day and age?
    And yes, sorry but I sold my T3 in the end. Snapped up. Saves having to send it back to Palm to have the digitalizer fixed early next year. Let's think positive!!
    Doug

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

T3 alarms

Sorry I didn't see this earlier (too busy entertaining various hurricanes here in Florida) -- could've helped you on looking in the direction of the Belkin G700 as the culprit. I've encountered all kinds of problems with the G700 driver, to the point where if I'm not actually using the keyboard, I always turn off the driver. After encounter about a dozen or so similar problems in the relatively short time that I've owned my T2, I now finally remember to check that the keyboard driver is turned off before looking at anything else!

Glad you got it all worked out though!

T3 alarms

Thanks Chris, at least I got there by trial and error. The problem has gone away now because I sold my T3 and now have the Treo 600 with its own keyboard. At least it works.
    Regards
    Doug

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information