Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth .....again

Alright....HHEELLPPPP

I have a Palm Tungsten T and a DConnex GPS bluetooth receiver. 2 days ago, I would turn on my palm, then turn on the gps..and the palm would give me the happy lil chimes and say connecting to btgps....and life was good. I had a problem installing the software on my laptop and the palm froze...so I reset it. Now ...I get no lil chime noises and no screen that says connecting. When I goto connections/bluetooth and add as a trusted device...it finds the gps fine...accepts the code...then "disconnecting" flashes on the screen. How do I get the palm to maintain a connection with the gps??? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Bluetooth .....again

bump?!

Bluetooth .....again

I'm no bluetooth expert but it sounds like you have a hung process that's interfering with your BT. Try doing a warm reset as described at http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/A...6/faq_pg17.htm and see if that fixes the problem.

Bluetooth .....again

Thanks for replying Jim. I have tried soft, warm and hard resets. Nothing...it still says connecting when adding as trusted device...then disconnecting flashes. The GPS works perfect on my laptop through usb bluetooth adapter...just can't seem to "shake" with the palm. Do I need a driver?? The GPS didn't come with any.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bluetooth .....again

I don't think a driver would be the issue. What exactly happened with your laptop? What software were you installing at the time? It seems this must be a clue as to why the bluetooth stopped working.

Bluetooth .....again

I installed the Palm desktop software off the disk provided by Palm, and the Tungsten didn't complete the hotsync process....hung up. So I disconnected the cable and reset. Worked fine the second time. Just for giggles I dwnlded the trial of BT Toggle last night. Even with this program...the bluetooth turns on..then immediately off again. On palmone's site there is only one update for the tungsten T listed that even remotely applies. Did I miss an update that isn't listed?? Appreciate the help Jim!!!!!!!!!

Bluetooth .....again

Strange. copy and paste a copy of your hotsync log in a message here. That might give us a clue as to what went wrong during the initial install.

Bluetooth .....again

Thanks for all your help Jim!!!

Problem has been resolved. Needed a patch from Delorme!

Thanks again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information