Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

T5 Installation a Disaster

I just received my new T5 and after charging followed the software installation instructions and did the first sync.

Now have a totally white bottom third of the screen with no sign of soft icons or graffiti areas etc. Button assignments are all screwed up as well.

The only way I found to fix it was to do a hard reset which restored the bottom of the screen, but the next sync 'broke' it again.

Also found that my calendar sync (desktop overwrites handheld) did not bring across reoccuring appointments with exceptions.

And had problems reinstalling DocstoGo 7 - the wizard came up with a fatal error although everything installed except Inbox to go.

Have a suspicion that this is part of the problem, because on my T3 one of the the soft icons is mapped to inbox to go. Inbox to go appears as an app on the T5, but produces error (Sys 0505) (0,841).

Just gone back to using my T3 and may well return the T5 if PalmOne can't sort the problem out in a reasonable timeframe.

The sooner a cradle is available the better as well.

Instead of having palmOne repairing it, you might consider exchanging it if it is still in the exchange period. It would be faster than having it get repaired. Also, if you get it repaired, there is the possibility that you will be stuck with a lemon. Make sure your installation cd is replaced to.

Sounds like the dynamic input area fix for the t3 is getting loaded onto the t5 - I'd try a clean update (move your Palm Desktop user folder out of the palmone folder) and see what happens

Some progress to report. Have done a clean update and this seems to have resolve the soft icons problem, but Outlook synchronisation fails.

Have also found this on the Dataviz Web site:

Question:
    Does Inbox To Go (Sync) support the Tungsten T5?

Answer:
    Currently the released version of Inbox To Go (Sync) DOES NOT support the Tungsten T5. Our engineering team is developing a patch for Inbox To Go (Sync) which WILL work with the Tungsten T5. Please fill out the form below if you would like to be notified once the Inbox To Go (Sync) Tungsten T5 Patch is released.

Sign up to be notified when a patch is available for Inbox To Go for compatibility with the T5

any use for outlook problem??

outlook T5

The cause of your "screen whiteout" was that you somehow installed two system libraries called AppSlipRotate and StatusBarLib. Both of these are included in the ROM on the T5, therefore being newer versions for OS 5.4. Installing the old ones gets in the way of the newer ones therefore resulting in your problem. A clean reinstall fixed this, I'm sure. Also, downloading Filez or FileMan and deleteing those two files out of your RAM area would have cleared the problem. (You would have recieved an error and been forced to reset, at which time the dynamic input area would return.) But I think you probably have it fixed now. Just wanted to give you a reason. I experience the same deal, but figured it out.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

My outlook pst file is 1.02Gb in size and I am truly loathe to mess around with it. Its syncs fine with the T3.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information