Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Contact syncronisation

I am using Beyond Contacts as my main contacts/calender although the installed default contact/calender program is still installed (in ROM?). When I sycronise with Outlook 2003, my Beyond contacts/calender entries gets updated but the entries for the standard Calender also get reinstalled and updated.
    No real problem but the alarms I have set come up twice, once with each program. Is there a way of stopping the default program from doing this, apart from deleting the entries in calender each day?
    Thanks
    Doug

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Contact syncronisation

Search on Alarms in this forum...someone had a freeware program I believe that would handle this issue. I remember seeing the post about 2 months ago.

You might check with PalmTealLover, I think he was the one that posted it, or Jim Cooke.

Contact syncronisation

It was a rapidly changing app called "No Alarms" which gives you a readout on what alarms are set including the Palm OS "Daylight savings time" and backup programs. I just did a search on freewarepalm and couldn't find it.

I stopped using it because the option to "turn alarms off within a certain time frame" didn't work with Agendus.

I have it in the "archive," and I'm pretty sure it was freeware and not shareware but would rather you find it and download yourself; some developers are "picky" about how their files are distributed and I don't have the original zip with the "legaleze." I'll search for the developer info tonight and amend this post.

I remember emailing him about some bugs which he fixed; there are also some "system info" freewares around that will do the same thing (Palm Internals, I believe).

Contact syncronisation

Also, check in Beyond Contacts help. I believe it has a preference option to let Beyond Contacts handle all alarms.

Contact syncronisation

Thanks. Tried the above, got into all sorts of difficulties with it deleting my calender entries in Beyond Contacts so uninstalled it and put on Intellisynch instead. Will stay with that and see how it goes.
    Doug

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information