Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Agendus v9 Beta

Agendus v9 Beta

The Agendus Pro size is now at 1,402k There are also some other files such as Agendus Btn 1 and Agendus Btn2 that are 2k each. This excludes the Agendus Mail files. Tiny Chart is 87k.

In some ways, I wish Tiny Chart was not required. I have Documents To Go Premium and that already has charting.

At 4,402k, Agendus is almost as big as Beyond Contacts, which is not using the built-in databases.

The installation was different than I have seen for any other Palm application. The download was a PRC file. I installed the PRC file via HotSync. After the syncing was finished, Agendus launched a setup wizard on the handheld. It did go through and checked for duplicate files and then prompted if I wanted to replace the existing files. It asked about each individual file.

One minor gripe I have with this release is that the Today screen does not let you hide the weather forcast or the quote of the day. This cuts down the number of appointments and To dos that can be displayed.

Agendus v9 Beta

Well I posted this thread and then left for the holiday and now back:

CH: As PTL points out version 9 is still in beta. It's stable on a T3 but there are still some minor bugs but the target release date is around Dec 10th.....at the latest based upon the temp registration and my knowledge.

Dwinget:

True but you can't use DTG for the charting function in the todo view. Tiny Chart is not necessary and also is not a standalone program in this case. It's there strictly to interface with the aforementioned to do chart feature.....which is nice but a bit much, IMHO.

I'm able to under the options or tools setting to turn this feature (s) off so if you can't then I'd suggest a "dump" and reload. As you pointed out they are recommending a complete clean install (icon's excepted) of the beta or an over install of v9 over v8 but during the beta a full dump is required.

The installation process is complex and based upon some PM's with staff it's preferred because of the T5 and the 650 NVFS memory. During installation, your given the options of replacing one file, or replace all, or cancel. You don't want to chose "replace all" unless you use the default icon set....otherwise if you use a personal icon set you choose "cancel" when prompted that it will overwrite and your icon set remains intact.

It's a bit different then previous installations but actually more resembles a "windows" installation and also gets all of the files installed.

PTL and krosenstein: To add to the @ issue....I did something during the DB5 clean out that I'd never done before.....I used the search function to find all occurrences of @ in the T3. I was only concerned with those instances where DB5 had installed them.

To be more specific on the icon issue here is a sample: @@@@@135|23@@@@@
    This shows up in the note field for a to do, appointment or call when an Icon is assigned to that entry. You can easily then delete the note and you've cleared the issue for that entry.

What is bizarre.....I had 5 searches for @ that returned nothing except a "blank" note. However, the note was truly blank. There was nothing on the screen yet how did the search find it? I deleted all but one note and kept it to experiment. Deleted DB5 installed beta9 of Agendus and proceeded to "blow" it up as I had been successfully doing in the past.......and I would force a reset each time I tapped on that entry in Agendus.

Re-did the search and found the "blank @" and deleted it and no more soft resets.

I'm no programmer and do not know why this "blank @" causes failures in Agendus other than it probably conflicts with Agendus's icon encoding.

Since there are truly few programs that use icons, I suspect that many of the software engineers know of all the conflicts.

One more thing:

I must admit that DB5 is more stable then Agendus. It always has been. However, it very well should be and I go back to one of my original statements: It's only be updated and not upgraded. If you want a progressively changing and keeping up with demands or requests from the "user's" then go with Agendus.

If you want a staunchly "old man" program that has changed in two years.....then by all means go with DB5. All you have to do is monitor the Datebk5 Yahoo site and see that his (CESD) people are screaming for more functionality to realize the CESD is more concerned about funding his Gorillas then developing "new" functions. That's not necessarily bad but it is something that everyone needs to understand, IMHO.

Agendus v9 Beta

One of the rules of the beta test is that I can't post the url outside of the Iambic site. This is for obvious reasons of keeping current with the beta releases and when eventually the beta is closed.

Anyone can access the beta but clicking on the www.iambic.com then going into the "support" area and then the discussion forums, then the Agendus Forum. The beta and it's corresponding download and instructions are located there.

Of course the beta is "free" to all who want to try and will agree to their standard NDA etc. The current "trial" allows for usage through Dec. 10th.

It could be extended but I doubt it as the current build is very stable and knowing Iambic they'll get it finalized before that date.

Agendus v9 Beta

My T3 is now starting to get fatal errors again when the alarm goes off. This morning when the alarm sounded, I did not press the OK button and then the T3 went back into standby. When I later turned the power on, I pressed my voice record button, which has been configured to launch Applications. The fatal error occured after I pressed the voice record button. I love the interface of the Agendus program. I just wish it was stable.

I think I'm going to try configuring Datebk5 to handle the alarms instead of Agendus.

Regarding the Today screen in Agendus, I think Iambic has removed the options for disabling quotes and the weather forecast from this beta release.

Agendus v9 Beta

dwinget,

I think if you have both programs installed then you might be up for conflicts.

I have rechecked my setup and can disable anything and everything in the Agenda view. Also, I had an alarm set today at 8:00AM (task alarm) and Agendus handled it without incident.

Do you use Crash Pro? During the beta when I've had crashes it will record the event and then I can upload the results to Iambic.

Crash Pro comes in all different languages and I've found it very useful.

Agendus v9 Beta

YEP! Happened to me. I would under NO CIRCUMSTANCES EVER have Datebk5 and Agendus running at the same time or your "notes fields" will look like the Dead Sea Scrolls with all the "code."

If you have something calendared for 2 months from now, and then delete it - sometimes a search will find these "code entries" and sometimes not -- bear in mind YOU DELETED IT. I used FindHack to find all traces of anything "strange" once I knew what the notations looked like (some different apps put DIFFERENT weird code in there, and I searched for that, too). A good tip for all out hthere: if you purchase FindHack 4.0.6, assign one "search category" for AGENDUS, CALENDAR AND TASKS ONLY - really speeds up looking for info in Agendus and/or "corruption fodder" in the notes fields, as MooseMan can attest. I have a separate one for "contacts," and a 3rd for "full search," which covers the 9 apps I command it to search -- it skips all the rest. No one needs to search "HotSync" or "clock," for example.

That's where the calendar corruption was in my case - a to-do, deleted, that still triggered the "@@@'s" somewhere. Couldn't find it and deleted the entire calendar DB and reloaded the information "clean." I'm never doing that again!!

It is indeed weird.

With the complicated install and a 1.4MB footprint for a calendar, I'll probably STICK WITH 8.06. I can't see 1.4MB as "worth it" for a calendar app. Version 8.06 has been stable and I whined about that being a 950k footprint. To grow by 50% with or without TinyChart is just getting silly, IMHO.

I'm VERY glad I upgraded to 8.06 PRO, however - so my opinion might change when I actually see what V9 will do. It'll have to be pretty fantastic to warrant an additional 500k of memory, flash or RAM.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Agendus v9 Beta

and another $10!!!!!

Agendus v9 Beta

Datebk5 also adds a set of brackets [ ] to a contact when linking them which causes some issues although not resets. It prevents Agendus from opening a contact when the brackets are in place on the contact detail within an appointment.

Agendus v9 Beta

Yes. Bonsai's "Back2Bonsai" does the same bracket thing with a Bonsai link, which is why I copy and paste it into the NOTES section of an Agendus-created repeating to do; then I get the repeating to do with the Bonsai link.

The workaround for the Bonsai link for Agendus IS IN FACT TO place it in notes, but it doesn't work correctly unless you create a NEW AGENDUS to-do and then paste the link from the Bonsai crated to do IN THAT AAgendus one. If you stick with the Bonsai-crated to-do, it will revert to "NO date" on hotsync.

Yikes. Fortunately I don't need this often, but can see from my limited use that the brackets cause a big pain!

Agendus v9 Beta

I just noticed that a new beta of Agendus 9 has been posted today.

Refinements / Fixes:

- Show Due Date now enabled by default in to do view (fresh install required to see this new default pref)
    - licensing error message issue avoid for scenario when installing multiple v9 beta versions with demo code over v8 activated version
    - completed to dos in the hierarchy now only shown if uncompleted lower level to dos related to this to do are uncompleted
    - crash when going to week list view with particular combination of the number of records and low memory conditions existed, memory constraints tweaked to avoid this
    - corrected transparency on alarm icon in views when row was highlighted
    - crash when using power search with string and a icon in build 467
    - crash when creating icon and there are 0 icons in that database
    - private to dos were shown in matrix mode of to do view when security set to mask
    - free time finder listed available time slots when constraints were impossible
    - Treo 650/Tungsten T5: dpad center press and hold in to do view now opens tap and hold menu
    - Sony UX: display error with SIP when show graffiti area while editing was disabled and SIP down and new memo created
    - tap and hold options on memo for beam, send and delete are now enabled

I uninstalled version 9 and reinstalled version 8.06. I also had to raise the stack value for the Java plugin. Somehow, the number decreased after I tweaked it last time. No more crashes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information