Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Agendus v9 Beta

Agendus v9 Beta

I'm with you, Captain D. 8.06 it is!!

When you "raised the stack" for Java (bear in mind I don't use it so I'm stabbing in the dark here) - and it didn't stick --

Are you raising the "requested stack memory" from the system? If you are, TealMover allows you to do that AND IT STAYS - becomes permanetnly imbedded in the app and then backs up to the backup folder (make a folder in "Archive" for "AppName+StkBoost").

While you're at it, boost Agendus from 3300 to 6,000 (it will require you say "yes" to creating a file for it -- just say yes!)

I notice that the DEFAULT on most apps is 3300, Tealpoint apps are written at 4096, and I boosted Agendus & MobilDB4 to 6,000, upped AcidImage a little, and boosted Bonsai to 4096. Smooth as silk especially when opening DA's up while that app's working. I would imagine the Java would get a benefit, too.

You don't want to go hog wild and "up" everything - just those apps that are little more "intense" or might be used while a desktop accessory is running - shields them from "brain cramp" a little. Thought it might help you with the "java no stickie" problem.

Agendus v9 Beta

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try Teal Mover and see how it works.

Agendus v9 Beta

Build 469 was released today.

Agendus v9 Beta

Just released is build 470 in English version only at the moment. Localized will be released shortly for other languages.

Agendus v9 Beta

Fixes over the previous build:

- crash when going to hierarchy view for some users, additional checks added as needed for the completion status filtering
    - crash when attempting to attach a particular JPG photo
    - for consistency "Photo Display" in the Show Options dialog changed to Show Photos
    - using Power Search to search for only memos failed
    - text in Power Search dialog changed from "Include" to "Include Only" for better clarity
    - added NEW MEMO to the tap and hold popup dialog in contact view
    - added New Memo to the menu in to do, call and meeting dialogs (menu option not yet working, will fix soon)
    - French localization: preference popup menu had Memo item missing
    - Spanish localization: some text is off the left side of the screen in the Preferences > Meetings screen
    - Spanish localization: improved translation for Roll-Over

Agendus v9 Beta

Dwinget posted the above on December 2nd - build 470.

On December 3rd the final was "released," and it was build 473.
    Curious to me how they did 3 builds in one day after taking about 2 weeks per build beforehand. I checked my "account info" page, listing the 4 Iambic products I've paid for . . . . and sure enough I'm being charged $9.95 for the upgrade.

Also bear in mind that this is now a 1.4MB application.
    1.4MB. For a calendar. The total combined size of:

AcidImage Pro, TealDoc, Kinoma, and MobileDB4!!

And it'll still have bugs, probably still with alarms . . . and it'll cost you $9.95. They've "added stuff," some of which is cool and I'd use . . . but have they fixed the old problems and what new ones lie ahead?

Send in your $9.95 and find out, I guess. If everything's fixed and the new features work (I've studied the screenshots and they're impressive,) then Mooseman has a point . . . they've earned it. I just have to decide if ANOTHER 50% JUMP IN SIZE is worth it for a free-time grid and TinyChart (which I already am used to being a registered TinySheet user). The photos in memopad thing and the "matrix" don't do much for me as contact photo linking at least in 8.06 took up 62k for one LINK - even though the original jpeg in the DCIM folder was only 28k!!

What should have been done is a simple "link" to AcidImage or the viewer of your choice. I've done a lot of "tweaking" in my 8.06 version in the last week, and I must say it is a FANTASTIC program - but so are a lot of others and they don't "weigh" one and a half meg. This has to be one of the very largest Palm apps ever written at this point. And it's still a CALENDAR. Tough call for me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information