Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T3 dead!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

T3 dead!

Okay, I need help. I bought this thing on Sunday to replace my aging Sony Clie PEGS360. Today I am using my Clie again, because the T3 seems to finally be dead. I think I've had to reset this jewel of technology at least 20 times in the last two days due to lockup, and lockups, and (you guessed it) lockups.

Right now it seems all I can do is wait for the battery to go dead! It won't reset -- when I do reset it, it goes to the T3 screen, then the clock/time screen, and instantly dies with:

"Fatal Alert
    MemoryMgr.c, Line:3632, NULL handle"

Now it won't turn off!

Help! What do I do, and how do I reset from here??

T3 dead!

I found an online manual that gave instructions for the hard reset.

Now, on to the next question.... is this thing a lemon? How can I keep this from happening after I hotsync again?

T3 dead!

If these resets continue to occur after the hard reset and before you have restored any third party software then you probably have a hardware problem and the unit needs to be exchanged. If you have third party software installed, I'd be suspicious that one of the programs is causing the problem. The error message sounds like you have a non-OS5 compatible program. I would review all my third party software and make sure you have the latest updates.

T3 dead!

Was your T3 behaving like this right out of the box? What 3rd party software do you have installed?

T3 dead!

I had to reset it probably four times in the first three hours, before I installed anything at all.

Now that I've done the hard reset, it seems to be behaving a little better. I had to start over with anything I installed, creating a completely new hotsync name. I installed things one by one, and hotsync'd after each intstall to be sure it was still stable & so I could narrow down any culprits.

So far, so good!

Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information