Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Agendus 9.0 Released

Iambic has released Agendus 9.0. The beta site will close down later today. I have yet to play with the final version but the beta was pretty stable on the T3 and never resulted in lost data.

Agendus 9.0 Released

I hate that Iambic insists on getting another $9.95 (USD) from me for another freaking upgrade. Other than that gripe the program looks good and well worth the $9+ bucks!

I'd like to hear what others have to say!

-SEth

Agendus 9.0 Released

There is nothing that states that you have to "upgrade". As long as the program continues to add features I'll continue to support it.

Datebk5, it's only true competitor, has updated their programs to work with newly released devices but the program has not evolved in over 2 years. There is not new functionality. There are no new features.

Agendus has added mobile Weather support, new task views and other refinements.

And as a beta tester, one must endure certain things but one does get upgrades for free. Also, you can purchase a subscription that covers the "upgrades" for a period of one year.

If a program is only tweaked to support new devices and hasn't refined it's interface nor supplied any additonal features that enhance it then I too don't think paying for it is appropriate.

I believe though in this case, Iambic has justified the upgrade charge.

If you look at Documents to Go, they have done the same thing over the last 3 versions as well.....both programs I can't live without but can understand the reason for "charging" for the additional costs involved in development.

Agendus 9.0 Released

I agree, and like I said I didn't really hesitate on paying the $9.95. The only downside to the weather reports and the quotes is that you have to have internet access on your PDA. Most Palms don't have that without the Wi-Fi Card. Oy

-CH

Agendus 9.0 Released

What the heck is it? It won't let me use it. What is TinySheets and what does it have to do with Agendus v.9.0?

Err... Can i get rid of it?

Agendus 9.0 Released

I'm trying to set up a pop e-mail account and everytime i get past the first screen. Display name, E-mail and Password my palm restarts. Whats up with that? I thought it was bug free?

Agendus 9.0 Released

Tinychart/sheet is used to show the charts in the various views of Tasks. It can be removed but you'll lose that feature.

Mail issue....I'd suggest deleting the entire program except for your Icons then reinstall. This seems to have solved any of the mail preferences.

Also, during the OTA install it will prompt you if you want to overwrite files that are present....with the exception of the icon set, you need to allow the other programs to overwrite.

You can avoid overwriting the icon set by simply choosing "cancel" when prompted and then allowing "replace" on all other apps.

BTW - emailed you the manual just a minute ago.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Agendus 9.0 Released

I posted under Agendus Beta thread, here:
    http://www.pdastreet.com/forums/show...threadid=52107

Read this for some background.

Then, here's something to look at:
    http://support.iambic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12391

As I thought, the FINAL isn't so FINAL - lots of bugs. 1.4MB, still unresolved problems from the V8 we all PAID FOR, and still more bugs, despite going from build 469 to build 473 in one day before release??!!

I maintiain that the upgrade fee is atrocious - I don't care HOW MANY improvements have been made, a 3 week limit on time is ridiculous - ANYONE purchasing ANY software should have more than 3 weeks to get an upgrade, especially when (as I thought), it's now a 50% bigger app . . . with more new bugs and some unresolved old ones.

I love Agendus . . . have been called an "apologist for Iambic" on their own forum in fact . . . but this is just silly. I believe I have even MORE "weight" when it comes to deserving a free upgrade - I not only upgraded to 8.06 PRO 10 weeks ago, but also purchased TinySheet and FastWriter some time back - both of which are now DISCONTINUED. That should go in my favor as well and I have outlined that in an email to Iambic yesterday.

Agendus 9.0 Released

Paul,

What bugs are you talking about? I found one with the iambic mail that was soon fixed by reinstalling the program and correctly unflashing (I think I coined a new phrase here ) the components (what a pain lol).

What are the other bugs that I should be aware of?

Thanks buddy!

-CH (aka Seth)

Agendus 9.0 Released

Take a look at the link above - or go to the Iambic site/forum/bug reports and just start reading!

I gave up after 10 minutes of it . . . apparently it's far from "finished."

I am sure, however, that they'll "get it done," so you haven't wasted your $9.95 -- it will probably take until "9.03" or so to get it "stable." It took til 8.06 for Version 8. By then Version 10 will really fix 'em, and we can all send in another $9.95.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information