Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Agendus 9.0 Released

OK!! All good!!

4 minutes later:

Datebk5 and all saved/unsaved prefs deleted (whopper of a Saved Preference call CESE or something . . . 2800 bytes . . . did not delete. Also an a68 file which requires soft reset to remove.

Calendar DB and TasksDB deleted with TealMover, old "virgin" restored from the Card. No searches found anything like 99:99 or @@ like they did before. All clear.

I noted the size of the calendar DB while Datebk was on - 4355.
    After deleted and old one restored: 4070. That was all the garbage (7% jump in data!). Oddly, TasksDB INCREASED in size when old one restored - up 22.9135% (not that I'm picky) - wonder what DB5 did with all THAT DATA while it was ADDING to the CalendarDB?

I believe the number of "@"s are related to how many repeats you have scheduled - - 14@s = 14 repeats.

Thanks, Cap'n.

Agendus 9.0 Released

Found this on Google regarding software innovation; nothing specific regarding pricing laws but I'm still hunting and this organization may have some "legal guidelines" which would address flagrant overcharging for upgrades.

http://www.siia.net/govt/docs/pub/comp_brief_01.pdf

Anyone researching this further -- I'd like to see any links posted here as an addendum post. I'm interested in legal guidelines for how much can e charged for upgrades to a product you already purchased within 6 months or a year.

We must remember that Version 7 of Agendus was never fixed. Version 8 wasn't fixd. Version 9 certainly isn't fixed - I'm surprised Iambic doesn't want ot charge you $5/month out of our checking account to constantly have access to latest version - just be honest and call it $60/year. That's what it adds up to if you were a Version 7 PRO purchaser and got 8 and now 9.

Agendus 9.0 Released

Paul,

All the note tag formats are documented in the DateBk5 manual addendum. Each bit is releated to something like category, icon, repeat, etc. The reason for the note tags is that some conduits routinely trash the AppInfoBlock, when some of this data is located. When that happens, you lose things like categories and repeats. DateBk5 uses the note tags to hold both the AppInfoBlock data and custom data like icons, links, and category colors. This way, no matter how badly a conduit is written, DateBk5 can restore all your data correctly.

When (an if) OS 6 comes out, it will use a proper database schema where vital inormation won't need an AppInfoBlock. DateBk5 (and every other application that uses note tags, like Agendus), can then use a normal database schema to store the information. The note tags have never been a problem for me except for the few times that I have tried Agendus. Agendus deliberately destroys the DateBk5 note tags rather than appending them, making switching between the two a nightmare. There's no programming reason for doing this but there are obvious marketing reasons to make it difficult for someone who uses Agendus to switch to DateBk5.

Agendus 9.0 Released

Another program to keep your eye on is Mobisystems Mail. Some aspects of the program's interface resembles Agendus, although I think Agendus has slightly more features.

http://www.mobi-systems.com/product-...a9d93f95c63f21

Have any of you used this program before? Is it stable? What do you think of the program?

Agendus 9.0 Released

Mooseman, a long time ago I posted a thread stating that the agendus application completely melted down my T3, and but for a couple of backups in other places, I'd have lost everything. When I wrote the thread, I had already pretty much concluded my problem had to be agendus. I think it was you who wrote back, praised agendus as a great application that could not be the cause of my problems, as you had never heard of such a thing. I liked the application and later decided to give it a second try. Same thing, total disaster. I liked the application, but the meltdowns were fatal to my use. I'm wondering if you were using yours in an exchange server environment? I really dont use my T3 for much other than basic Outlook applications, and Splash list software, so I dont think my issue involves other applications on the palm. Any thoughts?

Agendus 9.0 Released

It was using Outlook but not on an Exchange Server. The one other big issue with Agendus and the T3 that I've found is the Birthday feature - if you set the advance notice for a birthday more than 5 days....all hell breaks loose. But this is a problem with the T3 that just happens to show up while using Agendus. It shows up without it but seems to appear more with it.

With regards to an Enterprise Server - I'll say it probably possible that something with the OST file is slightly different in the way that it handles the conduits for syncing and therefore corruption might occur. The corruption might be the bigger root problem.

Agendus may be able to cause individual havoc or meltdown but it would based upon a conflict with another program.

But to cause widespread "meltdown" that has not happened to most of the user's at the Agendus forum.

There are cases where some folks during beta testing "blew up" and lost data - but these were attributed to not following the guide lines and stupid people that don't backup stuff while testing.

There was a case during 9.0 Beta - guy had a Kyocera 7135 couldn't see any appointments - they were there but could not see them in any view. I recommended he "hard reset" and reinstall apps one at a time and leave the "trash" behind - worked after that.

I'm wondering if there is something residual on your machine that might cause conflict. Besides the DB5 Icon issue, I know that if you delete it and did not turn off it's Alarm Handler - it will burp the Agendus app......my point being not to slam Datebk5 but that I don't know what residual remanants will do to a good program.

The remants thingy....my only explanation. There are just too many T3 user's at the Agendus forum's that are having the same kinda problems. It's stable on both my T3, Treo and I dug out the old M515 the other day and it's working on it.

Agendus 9.0 Released

Forgive me but I just had to put in my two cents. I am stillusing agendus 6.14. Just after I bought it the version 7 becasme available with a larger foot print and no pressing reason to upgrade. I have trieds to upgrade a few other programs of late ( including megalauncher) only to find fatal crashes resulting on my Palm T3. Agendus 6.14 works well for me and I have no reason to upgrade. Except back to Bonsai seems unable to put a link in this version. The main reason to upgrade would have been to use adn edit hi res icons but Icon launcher lets me edit and create hi res icons and any number of third party icon makers. So i am sticking with the version that works and i have been rather reluctant to upgrade other programs given the crashes in my T3. Megalauncher casued a fatal crash that required me to remove the program to make it work. As much as I like my alm, I have a life and cosntantly wrangling the machine to work and talking to support ( whose quality varies greatly by company) invovle more time than I am now prepared to give. My machine works and does what I ask of it. I am no longer aidly upgrading every program.
    Barry

Agendus 9.0 Released

Barry, good point.

For those of us that want to be Early Adopters and always have the latest version of a program, regardless of cost, the software companies will always but it.

I'll relate a little story:

Calendar Creator (by Broderbund) is a program for the PC. They had a version 10 out since 2002. They recently marketed a version called 2005. It's the exact same version as 10 and in fact the installer comes up as version 10....only the packaging on the box indicates that it's 2005 with a very small disclaimer that says it's version 10.

I fought with them over this because I bought 2005 and already was a registered owner of 10. But since I had opened the package I couldn't return it to CompUSA w/o a 15% handling charge.

I finally got that back but the point really is.....did I need to upgrade, no. I was happy with what I had and thought that there were new features in the latest version that might help me function. Didn't need to.

Agendus still supports older versions and you don't have to upgrade unless you want all of the "new" features and functions.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information