Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

T5 and lotus notes problem

Have purchased a T5 and are having difficulty getting it to hot sync with versamail.
    The hot sync function completes OK yet no emails are imported from notes.
    If I configure for an alternate email address in outlook it works ok.

Seems from a couple of the other threads that this is not an unusual occurence yet there seems to be no solution posted

notes v 6.5
    versamail 2.7

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unfortunately, it looks like OS 5.4 broke the versamail 2.7 conduit when used with Notes as no has been able to get it to work. I'm afraid you'll have to wait for PalmOne to come out with an update or use an alternate mail client.

Thanks Jim
    It is refreshing to get an honest answer, even if it is not the solution I was hoping for. From your experience how long does it take for a solution to be provided by palm with this typre of issue and what generally is the best approach to take to ensure palm are aware of the issue.
    From my experience there has been no recognition by palm that there is any issue.

As for an alternate mail app, do you have a reccomendation that is proven to work with a T5, I would be reluctant to impart more $ on an app that purports as versamail does to support notes to find otherwise.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
    Graham

Let me preface my answer by saying that you can tell the pioneers by the arrows in their backs. You not only decided to buy a brand new Palm with a brand new operating system, you're using a newer version of Notes, a product that has a declining market share in the corporate world. Thus, Palm is much more interested in making sure that VersaMail works with something like Outlook than Notes.

As an interim solution, getting your Notes mail into Outlook Express and then syncing would work. You will have to import any replys you might make on your Palm back to Notes for OE.

You should write an e-mail to Palm technical support describing your problem. It's unlikely you'll get any useful advice beyond the usual hard reset and reinstall everything but they do track problems by the programs involved so, if enough people with Notes and VersaMail ask for tech support, they will eventually have their programmers look at the problem. I have no idea how long it will take to fix this issue but I suspect at least a month is a generous estimate.

I have been trying to find the answer to this for some time albeit periodically, i notice that this discussion was a few months ago, does anyone have any idea if there is now a patch or similar to allow this. I am using a T5 with (or would be if i could get it to syncronise) Lotus notes version 5.0.11 on my laptop any pointers appreciated. I have tried Palm to no avail.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Been working through the same issue since about November. What you need to do is get the old Mail program from Palm - the reports here are correct that it will not work with the new email program provided.

The best I have been able to do is with a program called Intellisync which also was easier to make function than the latest EasySync Pro program. EasySync blamed Palm - and Palm support was useless at best.

Hope this helps out - you might want to check a few forum messages in Intellisync's area.

Frank

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information