Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Another T5 advantage

Something I tried last night with my new T5 and I really like it. There is an additional option for files to be installed onto the T5. It is called File Transfer. You can turn on what is called Drive Mode. This creates a direct link to the internal card storage and the expansion card storage. This enables you to transfer some files directly in to the T5 instead of installation. It is an easier process, however it appears that for the files to be recognized by the T5 must be limited to Word or Excel documents. While you are doing this transfer, you cannot multi task and do anything else with your palm.
    Carol

Another T5 advantage

You can't do anything else with your Palm while it's in Drive Mode but you can use it while transfering files if you use the Palm File Transfer Utility that is installed as a part of the original setup.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. My T5 recognizes all sorts of files besides Word and Excel depending on the software I'm using. Some programs require that the files they see be located in a SPECIFIC place on the palm though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another T5 advantage

Hi there Netlog
    I think you have a very good point. I didn't realize when I made the orginial post that it was important to put the items in the correct place....thanks for helping me think this through....just goes to show you, two brains are better than one.
    Carol

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another T5 advantage

If an application uses files in a specified location, it may be necessary to create that folder on both your internal storage and on your external card. At least one of my applications advised me to do this.

Other applications seem to create both folders automatically - even applications that were written before the T5 was introduced and not updated since.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information