Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Splash photo on tungsten T3

Hi,

I really like the extended viewing space of the Tungsten T3, but when I am in Splash Photo (or Bejeweled!) the keyboard automatically rises up, taking up all the additional screen space, and will not retract when the arrow on the lower right is tapped, which works in almost all other instances. It's very frustrating. I did as splash photo suggested and unchecked ''size to screen'' hoping that a setting for full-sized images would make a difference but it did not. This problem is canceling out a lot of the benefits of this pda. Thanks, Mike

I know you've probably shelled out for Splash Photo, but AcidImage PRO is soooo much better!

1. SplashPhoto makes a copy of everything on the desktop - and if they're deleted, so are your handheld copies.

2. SplashPhoto takes over the viewing of images on your T3 EVEN IF MEANT FOR ANOTHER APP, and #1 applies - you could lose images you never meant to view in S/Ph at all

3. Acid Image allows dragging, full view, no borders, instant thumbnails with "AI.thumb" dbase kept on the CARD, not the PDA

4. AI is excellent for maps. Gifs,BMPs, jpgs, TIFFs and even faxes are viewable linked to your email attachments!

Latest version is 3.20 - get the Pro at $49 - well worth it.

Splash Photo is expensive, invasive, nasty and completely out of step with demands in a viewer - especially on a T3 like we have.

Does he maybe need AppSlipRotate.prc and StatusBarLib.prc, I wonder, to make SP go full-screen?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I tried AcidImage but I stopped using it because it has this fascist approach of writing its thumbnail and/or indices databases on the card, without being asked.

If I accidentally left my TomTom Navigator SD card in my T3 and then started AcidImage, it would spew its files onto the card. I simply can't tolerate that. It should have an option to let me decide! I obviously never want to use the TomTom card as photo database, I have other cards for that.

AcidImage was nice in many ways. But there's no way I will use it. Uh, and as long as it was installed it too seemed to take over images handling, in the sense that every image received over BT while it was installed is still invisible to Photo.

-Tor

1. At startup you can tell AI whether or not to be default handler and even what images to handle.

2. You can tell AI not to save thumbnails under any circumstance, SD card OR RAM. I allocate thumbs on the SD Card, because 1MB of thumbs on a 256 MB card allows me access to over 125 shots instantly with no RAM tie up.

It is under "options," (I'm sure you've heard of those) . . . and you can even dictate (re thumbs):

1. always
    2. if none in image
    3. Never

RescoViewer on the other hand, saves an 11k file next to each photo and will steal quite a bit of RAM unless you tell it not to in order to save thumbs.

Splash instead uses your PC to store backups - and as I said above if you delete those, the handheld image is gone too. SplashPhoto also "takes over" as viewer and will delete shots you MEANT FOR ANOTHER VIEWER if you delete the PC backup cc.

I would call that "more fascist," especially since it keeps them in the oddest places on your PC, and should your "image choices" lend more to the exotic than "Tom Tom," . . . . . well . . . you know . . . .

I find the manual is a good thing.

I don't know why your screen won't fill up, but mine opens up all the way whenever I open the slider. I'm not knowledgeable enough about which setting causes this, but I've never had the problem you are describing. I have SplashPhoto on two T3's and both open up and remove the keyboard when opened.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information