Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

English Dictionary software for T5

Hi,
    I'm trying to find an English dictionary / thesaurus which will run on my T5 without crashing the synch. function. I've found Nexus which seems to be okay but am keen to use a dictionary with British English rather than US English spellings.
    I'd really appreciate any suggestions anyone has.
    Thanks,
    Flip

Hiya Flip
    I am running Dictionary To Go on my T5, but I am not sure if there is an option for the UK version. You can check them out at LearningToGo.com
    Cheers,
    Carol

Hey Carol,
    Thanks so much for that. Unfortunately, I've tried Dict. to Go but without luck. My T5 keeps freezing when I synch when it is installed but has been fine after removing it. Maybe I'll try it again though. Thanks again.
    Cheers,
    flip

Hey Flip
    Got some hints for you with Dictionary To Go. I had problems loading the darn thing after I had it working wonderfully on my T3. So, I had to get it to reload on my T5.
    Typically I have discovered that the T5 doesn't like installing large files and synching at the same time. So this is what I did.

1) Installed the application first.
    2) Set all the applications I have to do nothing with the next synch.
    3) Set the actual dictionary (that is the larger file) to install then.

Things appeared to have worked well. I checked, I got a complete installation thing and it working as smooth as silk...
    Cheers,
    Carol

Me again.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I got really excited and tried it - seemed to work except... the rotten trial period had expired (eventhough I'd deleted it from my Palm within a day of using it) so it won't let me use it now without a key. Think I'll give up and try some other dictionaries. Am looking at Nexus which seems great except for the USA spellings. Still, I really appreciate your suggestions.
    Cheers,
    Flip

when it did, I just went to the homepage, shot out an email and had my problem fixed in no time. They may ask for the hex key on your PDA, but once you give to them and make your purchase, you should be in like Flynn. I am such a terrible speller (learned to read through sight reading and not phonics) I can't go anywhere without my Dictionary to go - especially since I do all kinds of medical record documentation. I mean I don't want to look like a complete nimcompoop, only a half way nimcompoop is as far as I will let people actually see....
    Carol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information