Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Got my WiFi card today!

Thanks for the link. Also as far as cases go, my proporta leather flip top case also as two slots for SD cards, and length of wouldn't appear to be an issue.

Got my WiFi card today!

OldBlue,

You're right. T3 is a very good unit, and what I have read on the T5 so far shows only minimal improvements on the T3.

I think it is the new Treo 650 that is going to have a major impact - high resolution screen, bluetooth, & faster processor. It is going to be a T3 with a phone! (Exactly what I have been dreaming of for the past year)

I will never sell my T3 (and probably just pass it on to my wife). It is an excellent PDA but, just like you, I have the "itch" for new gadgets and I will never be contented until I have the newest model.

Regards.

Got my WiFi card today!

Well maybe a closed T3 from a standpoint of screen size.

But I too await both devices the 650 and the T5. It may be that I will go after both because of my desires to be a "geek".

Actually, I could see using the Treo as the modem for my laptop and as a phone with the T5 being the laptop (for screen size) when the laptop isn't available. But then again I don't spend money on other disposable income such as boats etc so my toys are all little. I've gone over 6 months now without buying anything new of Palm or Sony devices so it's about time?

Great post Oldblue.

Got my WiFi card today!

You're right, Moose Man. I actually remembered the screen size differrence after I closed my previous post, and it is the only thing that's giving me the "chill" in getting the Treo 650. I will miss the large screen because I view a lot of pictures with my AcidImage viewer.

I'll probably get a Treo 650 but keep my T3 (but add a wi-fi card) for home internet browsing. I also agree with OldBlue that the T5 may not be that attractive an upgrade if you are coming from a T3.

So, it will be a new Treo 650 and an old T3
    for me. (And maybe , a new T6 with built-in wi-fi and OS7 in 2005)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Got my WiFi card today!

Well it just goes to show that size matters

I'm still hopeful that the T5 will have Cobalt installed even if there has been no official notice.

I'm still betting that we will see a Cobalt (OS6) device from PalmOne before year end and possibly bundled with a piece of hardware that includes Garmin GPS software and GPS antenna.

I'd also bet that we will see a low end Treo along with the 650.

But don't take my word for it and go out and spend your life earnings on PalmOne stock in anticipation of it providing good ROI.

P1 needs to release a Cobalt device and based upon RealOne player announcing their latest update as OS6 compatible.

M2C or M2.5C

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Got my WiFi card today!

mspadaro and everyone else on the boards

FYI ... AvantGo works just fine as a web browser. I did some web surfing during lunch and after I got home from work.

OldBlue

Got my WiFi card today!

Several of us on USENET cant get it to go. I have a Tungsten C and it took about 45 seconds to setup and fgo. I have played with the T3 for several hours so far. One issue is the T3 and T/C have different HotSynch version. (T3 and ZIRE 72 has 5.0P and TC has 5.1P) and they have differences.
    Here is an excerpt of a conversation between 2 people, and explains a bit about the differences, which I think are at least contributing to the problem. I am hoping someone here hads done it, becuase we cant.

START REPOST OF A THREAD

> Here is how I sync my Tungsten C with the desktop:
    > In Hotsync on the Palm select "Network"

Hmm, what version of HotSync are you running on the C? I have version 5.0P.
    There is no "Network" selection on the Z72, per se. The instructions on the CD
    state to use the "Modem" connection, then in "Modem Prefs" in the pull-down
    menu select "Network"...

> If your PC is
    > connected to a wired router (mine is) the name of your computer should
    > appear. Select this and then hotsync.

Again, very different from what I have. The only place the computer name
    appears is in the PC HotSync settings - Setup/Network/TCP/IP Settings. On the
    Palm, I have to enter the PC name and IP address from the "Primary PC Setup" in
    the pull down menu.

This is still very strange to me, as WiFinder works like a charm. I can view
    my hard drive's contents, move and copy files to my Palm with ease using the
    WiFi card.

Kerio reports HotSync listening in on two ports, I'll check to see if they've
    been excluded from my router.

END OF RE-POST FROM WyreNut on comp.sys.palmtops.pilot

So you have some knowledgeable users here, and we cant get it to work. Feel free to chime in, and make us proud!!

Got my WiFi card today!

hi im thinking about getting the wi-fi,but im not sure if you are able to see pop-ups and all the webpages ,one particular page that i would like to be able to use in the palm is the longman( http://www.ldoceonline.com)click on the pop-up indow to check)dictionary,that is a pop-up web if somebody can try it i will be so grateful,any help appreciated ,thanks

daniel

Got my WiFi card today!

I tried that link, and compared with Mozilla on my PC. On the Palm (with Webpro 3.0) you don't get a popup, instead it loads as a new page. It looks similar to the (PC) popup, however the 'ok' and forward/backup buttons don't seem to work, and thus if I enter a word into the field nothing happens if I press 'ok' (and if I press 'go' or 'reload' in Webpro I just get another random word).

-Tor

Got my WiFi card today!

hi sp-tor,thanks for trying,are you using the proxy,or fitting the web on the palm screen,can u please try if there is any way to use the dictionary?

thanks a lot

daniel

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information