Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

New PalmOne units "noisy"?

The T5 I tried was also pretty noisy. I think I would actually avoid buying one of these units solely because of this annoying screen noise. I wonder what there is for PPC PDAs...

I've owned my T5 and have noticed no squeal. My ears can hear much better than some people I know, it's my eyes that are having trouble.

My T5- in my situation is pretty quiet, even when I hold it up to my hear, I don't hear anything.

It must be random then. Of the two E2s I tried, only one of them was noisy - the other one was dead silent.

BTW, I don't really like the newest version of Palm OS (eg.: on the TE2 and TT5), those "home favorites" are annoying the UI seems buggy.

I've had a T2 and two T3's start out quiet then develop a buzzing sound. The T2 is still used by the kids to play games and it has gotten louder over the years. Other than that, it's been an incredibly reliable PDA. I've found the T3 to be more fragile.

Like Jim said, my Clie's have been dead quiet.

Yes, I've seen it on at least 20 store models at 10 different stores. I'm desparately wanting to upgrade my Palm, but I might have to go get a PocketPC instead.

I was starting to think along the same lines (PPC)...my only concern would be data migration.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think data migration would be easy if you were synching (I've done this before going the OTHER direction). The big question I'd have would be how it would do some of the applications (the biggee for me being BalanceLog) that I can't get on PocketPC. Like if there's a PocketPC equivalent, you know.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I guess there are probably applications for that out there.

Yes, that too. There are definately a number of applications that I would need to find a viable replacement for if I were to switch to PPC.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

So I tried a T|T5 at Staples today...not a peep out of the screen! The T5 I tried at an earlier date in a different store was very noisy. So...is this some inconsistency in the manufacturing or something that comes with age/usage?

I've owned a Pilot 1000, PalmPilot Pro, Palm V, m505, T3, and Treo 650. None have made any kind of background noise while on, screen lit or unlit.

(I hope background noise is not a new "feature" Palm is trying to incorporate into its units! )

OldBlue

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information