Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

"Find" (????) between certain times

Does anyone know if there is a way to search for a specific word between two specific dates and / or times within DateBk5. In other words ???.. if I know that I have to get an oil change sometime this week, can I search ?oil change? between 11/07/05 and 11/11/05 (without pulling up every oil change I have ever had on my calendar).

How is this possible?

Cheers,

Syno

Unfortunately, Palm Source hasn't found the need to update their search feature since the beginning. The only way you'll be able to do this is to find a third-party search application (BTW, what's "DateBk5"?).

http://pimlicosoftware.com/

Yeah ..... problem is that I'm not quite sure that there is a program out there that does exactly what I'm looking for.

Cheers,

Syno

General Site, all software:
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/fpillet/

Specific URL (FANTASTIC APP!)
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/fpillet/findhack.html

Set up one "account" JUST for "calendar/tasks," one for contacts and one for "FULL" but excluding apps that don't need searching. That's how I have mine.

One of the VERY finest applications ever made for Palm OS, and a must-have. The search result should show your "date specific" on right, so you might not even have to tap & go to the event to see when the "oil change" is occurring.
    LOVE this program (Disable if you move to flash, Syno - then re-enable). I believe Agendus gives extended "Date-searching," but you can accomplish more for ANY application and remember past searches with this - and it's very thorough. Will literally fine one character like "|" anywhere on the Palm. I've used it to find "notes garbage" left behind from apps like Datebk5 ("@@@", for instance).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information