Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

I need your help, I can't sync my T3!

Hi everyone,

Two days ago I was charging my T3 using the charger-mini sync cable I bought from Boxwave then suddendly the charger sparks. I've been using this for about 3months and I haven't experienced this before since. After that, I tried to sync my T3 on my laptop and this message shows up "USB device not recognized". I tried everything from soft reset, sync using the supplied docking port, sync my office PC and all that was written on the technical support webpage of Palm. I even tried to sync using IR (I do it sometimes when my T3 is still okay and it works fine) but still the same message appears.

After doing all the above (and got frustrated) I performed hard reset (hoping that it is the best solution). As expected, all the data on my T3 was gone. Then I tried to sync again but the same message appears.

Now, I'm not just frustrated but also nervous. I may not be able to use my T3 again as it was made to be.

BTW, the T3's built in softwares still responding and I can also charge it. The only problem is I can't sync it.

I need your help. PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!!

Thanks in advance,
    Jahrad
    Philippines

Is the hot sync setting on the handheld set to: Local & Cradle / Cable ?

On the PC, (within the hot sync manager icon on your task bar) do you have Local USB checked or ???????

- Syno

Just in case the wired connection has been damaged you could try using a bluetooth connection to hotsync.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Syno,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is configured to hotsync using Local USB. Though I checked it again in case it was altered but I confirmed it is.

Martinr,

Thanks also for your reply. I will try your suggestion, but I have to buy a bluetooth dongle yet. I tried to sync through the IR and it didn't worked too. I'm afraid it won't work on bluetooth as well :-(

All,

Do you think that the hotsync on my T3 was corrupted? And is there a way I can load the hotsync software on the SD card and upload it on the T3?

Thanks again for your help.

Ok,

1. Go into device manager (My Computer, right click, choose properties, then hardware, then click on Device Manager button.

2. Go to the bottom and click on the + next to USB controllers.

3. Attempt a hot sync: If the hot sync generates a blip and a new device or root shows up in this view while hotsyncing - that's a good thing. It means that the Hot Sync is attempting to work.

4. Delete this additional USB device while it's attempting to hot sync.

5. Reboot the PC.

6. Reinstall the palm desktop software be certain that the hot sync cable is not : not connected until prompted.

7. Attempt to hot sync.

Report back

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Moose,

Thanks for the reply. I just performed the steps from 1-5, however I can't reinstall the desktop software as I am in the office right now and the CDROM is at home. I will let you know of the result once the steps are completed. I can't wait to see the result. I hope it will work this time.

Best regards,
    Jahrad
    Philippines

Hi Moose,

I reinstalled the Palm desktop software and tried to sync but I got the same result. However, I tried to sync using IR but this time I changed the Hotsync conduit settting from "Handheld overwrites desktop" to "Desktop overwrites handheld" and it worked. The problem with this is that it continuously sync without stopping so I have to cancel it. I was able to retrieve most of the files plus some of the 3rd party apps that was installed on my T3 though.

Then I tried to sync again using the serial cable but the same message "USB device not recognize" appeared. I kept doing the two methods of syncing (serial cable and IR) and only IR seems to work.

Any other advise you can share? Thanks again.

Regards,
    Jahrad
    Philippines

Well, based upon your original post - I'd say that the cable or the connection to the T3 is damaged. You may try a new cable?

If it's partially attempting to sync then at least a portion of the hot sync is working but you shouldn't have to change the setting to Desktop overwrites the Handheld in order for that to occur.

You may want to post the last hot sync log - although I doubt it will tell me anything of usefullness. I think the sparks fried the cable and possibly the T3's connection.

I tried both the mini-sync cable and the original docking port to sync but none of them works. So maybe only the T3 connection was damaged. I'm just wondering why the LED on my T3 still lights up when I'm charging it.

I think I have to bring it for check-up / repair one of these days :-(

Anyway, thank you very much for your help and your time.

Regards,
    Jahrad
    Philippines

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information