Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

New revolutionary FREE media player is out!!

IIIC:

Rotation is discussed in later pages of that forum -- the link supplied by junglemike above -- I think on around page 7 (it's 8 pages and counting now).

Telyx: Hadn't thought of running from card and TealAlias (which I dumped since everything ran in flash) would be EXCELLENT to launch it for me with the usual button or stroke - thank you for refreshing my "tAlias memory!"

ANOTHER thin I like is should it ever give you problems, you just delete it. Period. Reinstall a newer version - no strings. It's not glopped up with a load of auxhiliary libraries, and as I mentioned above - without the 2 dozen saved/unsaved prefs. It's just very CLEAN.

This is what I'm here for - SCREW new hardware and bells and whistles and OS changes . . . SOFTWARE is what makes things tick and this is great news. A Tungsten T or a ZIre should have the same great results as a T3 or T5 or T8 - thanks to a terrfici "engine" as someone called it on the other forum. Good design doesn't mean 6 months of fixing a version to allow for OS changes . . . it just works. Some Zodiac users had a little trouble but 0.61 fixed that - haven't heard from anyone running it on a T5 yet.

With TMPG Encloder (and probably another half a dozen iiic could recommend) - not having that one format won't matter. My TMPG "exports" in "mv1" format, whatever that is - but I think it will do AVI as well. Either way I HAVE DUMPED KINOMA and all it's remnants, and merely converted the "Kinoma conversion" back to something TCMP would recognize (it wasn't seeing the Kinoma MP4's). This cMUSt cause a loss in quality as you're converting a converted conversion - but when I have more time I'll just redo the clips properly.

My biggest question now for wanting small file sizes is what is the sampling rate (I'm using 350) and FPS (I'm setting it at 15) for "expediency?" I'm sure all that stuff is discussed on other threads so I'll start reading again. I'm wondering what kind of a gain you get by doing 500/600/900, and the "benchmark test" I ran came out at 208% and "64.fps" on the T3 - does that mean 30fps would be "better" than 15? I'm still learning.

Anyway - the ROATION thing is discussed on the forum - on the T3 you just hit the landscape button and it flips it. I wish you could zoom while in motion - apparently the T5 5-way will forward/reverse as well.

I love this player!

Hell yeah, go for 30 fps. See what happens. 30fps will look much better (obviously the source you are encoding from needs to be 30fps... no point converting 15 fps file to 30.) Should give much smoother play back. If you're using TMPEG, which will encode using the MPEG1 codec, then you will find you need quite a high bitrate. But if you're using PocketDivXEncoder or something (http://divx.ppccool.com) then 200-250Kbps should be more than enough. You should be able to have brilliant quality for under 2MB per minute.

Paul- Many thanks for the info on rotation! I feel a little silly now though..! I mean, it's so obvious- hit the rotate button- that it just didn't occur to me!

Of paramount importance is knowing of UPGRADES as soon as available; I don't know if that link of junglemike's updates to new download versions; I'll check - would be nice to publish HERE all links related to this player so we can add to our "check daily list."

I use a freeware proggie called WEBMON which will check any and all pages of interest daily, hourly - even ever 30 minutes - and runs as separate process to your browser. It pops up a window when a URL has changed its format - very handy for checking multiple webpages daily or more often.

Also, "ePrompter" will check as many emails as you have every 5 minutes. It's also freeware and works independently form your browser. Using those two proggies takes a lot of mechanical repetition out of turning on the PC daily - it's all done for you.

---------------------

ADDENDUM: Yes,
    http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/
    is upgraded (NEW ONE TODAY 0.62).

---------------------

Here are some notes I found on the download page:

The program will look for media files only in the root of the SD card. There is no openfile dialog yet. You can adjust the volume with up and down direction keys. On PalmOne devices you can seek with left and right direction keys.

Hurray! it looks like the volume control has been added.

Hello,
    I am quite new to this forum and a few months ago I just got a Tungsten 5. This new player tcpmp is just fantastic. There is not too much that it will not play and who ever wrote the program gets my thanks.
    Ok I have used Pocket DVD to compress video from dvds and they play just great. But the demo program only lets you record for 5 minutes. The program costs $32.00 to register. Is there anything out there that will do the same thing for a lot less money or even better for free.
    I have learned alot about my palm from this forum so all of you seasoned members keep up the good work.

Thanks Bob K.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Free PocketDivXEncoder was written right after Betaplayer started to be a major video player in pocketpc area.
    http://divx.ppccool.com/
    or
    http://www.pocketpcfreeware.com/en/index.php?soft=972

Thanks Answer Dude. I will try those programs you mentioned. I knew some one would have an answer.

Bob K.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's good to know how things work.
    POL9A

I am interested - and thanks.

When it comes to video stuff . . . If IIIcRules has a grapefruit at 10AM . . . we should ALL have a grapefruit at 10AM (or 2AM allowing for the time difference; I'm off to the market now) . . . . .

I was going to "willy-nilly" go through and either check clip extensions or try deleting stuff til something didn't play, but then I thought well, it's a complete package if you take 'em all, and why fix it if it isn't broken.

Yes IIIc - any "pearls" you can throw this way are very much appreciated.

If it's not related to Teal or Sprat/Flash, but rather video stuff, chances are PTL is sitting here looking (at first) like Nicholson at the end of "Cuckoo's Nest," and then as frustration sets in, Anthony Hopkins in the straitjacket in "Silence/Lambs."

"One more thing Senator . . . . . Love your suit."

Ummm...grapefruit...(drool drool)
    POL9A

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information