Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

TX browser lockup

At the recommendation of others on this site, I bought a TX a few days ago when my T3 broke down. I like it, and am early in the learning curve. Unfortunately, the browser locks up more than it works. I have linksys wireless home connection, but i dont think its the connection. Its the browser that locks up. But it doesnt do it all the time, and when it works, it works great. Once I'm in, I seem to be able to navigate as long as I want. But I've been locked up seven times in a row now as I write this. Any ideas? (the only additional applications I've loaded are balancelog, backup man, intelligolf, palm reader, and splash suite)

TX browser lockup

I just logged on to leave a message about this but you beat me to it. I'm having the same thing.

2 Linksys wireless, same SSID, different channels.

Can't see more than 35% signal even a foot away.

Sometimes locks up.

Sometimes doesn't see DNS (web page not found instantly)

Ideas welcome.

TX browser lockup

I have the same problem. Only recourse is to reset. I also often have to disconnect and reconnect to get the browser to access the web. I haven't been able to nail down anything consistent that causes either symptom.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

TX browser lockup

Another post in another thread here discussed the TX being only a "b" mode device. I changed my router to b only (vs auto with b/g).

So far so good. It's connecting and looks good. Range is still a problem. Can't connect more than about 15 feet away. Level is about 15%. That seems kind of odd having 2 routers in a small house. I'm never more than 20 feet away from a router.

John

TX browser lockup

My problem seems to be more browser than connectivity. I almost always get right in with strong signal, but when i go to browse, it locks up. Just got it so haven't tried it with another WIFI. I plan to return the unit unless I figure it out in the next week or two. I'll probably try reinstalling my apps. Anyone know of any probs with the ones I mentioned?

TX browser lockup

Sorry, I thought that was it. Changing to b mode. After I saw your message, I connected again, fired up the browser and it locked.

Damn

TX browser lockup

I don't suspect the router. I'm using an SMC b router. It's been rock solid with two laptops for years. Besides, even if the router was a problem, it shouldn't cause the palm to lock up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information