Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Versamail/ Blazer

HI,

I RECEIVED A PDF EMAIL ATTACHMENT IN VERSAMAIL/ BLAZER. I TRIED TO DELETE THE EMAIL, AND EACH TIME MY TX AUTOMATICALLY REBOOTED ITSELF. AFTER ABOUT FIVE OR SO ATTEMPTS I OPENED VERSAMAIL AND ALL MY EMAILS WERE GONE AND I HAD TO SET UP MY VERSAMAIL ACCOUNT FROM SCRATCH AGAIN. VERSAMAIL IS WORKING FINE NOW, BUT IS THEIR ANYWAY TO RETRIEVE MY EMAILS AND ALL THE FOLDERS I HAD SET UP?

THANX FOR ANY ADVISE THAT CAN BE GIVEN!

shellsyd.

Versamail/ Blazer

If you were hot syncing as well and had setup Versamail via the hot sync it should restore that way.

This is one of the problems and failures with Versamail - it has a tendency to lose itself and most of it's data. It is not sync'd as part of the normal hot sync process unless you have that Versamail conduit setup.

The only other way would be to do a complete system backup on the handheld and have it restored from the most recent backup. You'll lose partial data but the setup and folder structure would be restored.

Personally, I think Palm has taken Versamail down the wrong path as it's causing problems on my Treo and other devices so I've disco using it.

Versamail/ Blazer

Strangely enough, I lost all my emails in Versamail a month ago. It has happened again! Is there a limit that we can't go over- in terms of the size of all the emails stored- and that's perhaps why it just loses all info?

I had to re-set my Versamail account from scratch.

Any ideas? I wouldn't like to keep doing this each month.

Thanks for your help if anyone has any advice.

shellsyd

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information