Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Jacksprat doesn't see everything...

I've been trying to reinstall Agendas on my T2 but it fails with a write error. When I look around in Filez I see a bunch of stuff in ROM that isn't showing Jacksprat or Jackflash. I think they are things that I moved to ROM as a test and then moved back out or deleted, but they are still there.
    Any Help?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

There are 2 interpretations of that statement, depending on if you meant "I see a bunch of stuff in ROM that isn't showing IN Jacksprat or JackFlash."
    #1:
    Things WILL show up in ROM that JS/JF doesn't see. If you couldn't see it in JF/JS, then you haven't moved it - you wouldn't be able to.

did you take a "snapshot" of your system before spratting anything? If so you're in good shape. Delete extra languages, delete proggies you don't want (with remnants if possible, like Docs 2 Go) . . . prepare or "initialize" the created flash area to be ready to accept incoming new stuff, move ACCEPTABLE programs to flash, and soft reset.

That should be it. You can put agendus in flash . . . but NOT icons, databases, AN Info, IambicLicenses (if your Agendus/Iambic stuff is newer), etc. ONLY the .prc itself. Brayder suggested to me that I did NOT put Agendus in flash . . . but I did anyway when I was using it, and it was fine. HOwver, thta was an older 6.0 and subsequent 8.06 version - the later ones are so convaluted (v9, v10, whatever they're up to now) and "interactive" that I douibt I'd risk it.

#2: You want to put JS/JF in Flash. You can't do that; they have to remain in RAM. I'm pretty sure you meant #1 above, as there's a message if you try this #2.

Hope this helps - / p

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

PalmTealLover
    Well, the things that are in flash are things that I put there, such as aboutboxlib and iambic_icons. So now when I try to reinstall agendus it errors out saying that files are not writeable, that I should relaunch the native apps or move dbs out of flash.
    No I don't have a snapshot of my system because I made it two or three years ago and now it's lost.
    Thanks for you reply, I hope I can get this worked out.

Nuff said. You're getting the error because of that - you put the icons in there. Move them back to RAM and you should be okay; if not I'd suggest uninstall agendus and reinstall - and for that I'd defer to Mooseman, Grand Sultan of All Agendus & Related Conduits, for specifics on "fixing" any AN corrupted files/etc.

Right, but the problem is that now they aren't showing up in Jackflash or Jacksprat, so I can't remove them. I can see them in Filez and they are flagged as being in ROM, but niether of the Jacks see them and I can't figure out how to remove them. I have released the flash and reinitialized it, I can't really think of much else to do.
    Is there a place where I can download a default ROM image? I have searched all over and even joined the developer site at Palmsource, but they only have up to OS 4.2 or so and mine is OS 5.2.1. Do you think the sprat image for a T3 would work? If so, would you send me yours?
    I am grateful you are taking the time to reply.
    Thanks,
    Gonz

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am gonna bump this and hope for a little more help. This issue is still outstanding for me and has caused my Palm to lock up regularly, so it's not useable.
    Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information