Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Case for TX

Case for TX

I need a case for my TX, preferably with belt clip and fairly rugged due to work but nothing 'industrial' as I would wear it when out of work.

I have tried the Proporta/InnoPocket Aluminium Case www.proporta.com and had problems with TX being loose in case, rattling around then knocking cover open when you have to move faster than a medium walk!
    Plus Proporta don't do the Magnesuim case for the TX

To be fair to Proporta, they were very, very good and gave a 'No Quibble' refund!

So any recommendations?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Case for TX

Franklin Covey make a black leather one (old model for 505/up to T3), which I would try and use if I got a TX. It has a stitched leather belt loop, PLUS a clip thas hasn't weakened in 3 years.

The top flap is leather with velcro, and by "fastening less of it" you'd have enough vertical clearance for the TX I'm pretty sure. Check them out; there may be a specific TX case now - either way, it's not cheap -- $40) but mine hasn't lost any newness, color or functionality in 3 years of constant use. WELL MADE, heavy leather, black. Also resists water/humidity/shock.

I'm so endeared to it I'd probably take it to a leather/boot repair place and have a longer top flap stiched on if it didn't fit the TX - I think it's just that good.

Case for TX

You might want to try a Piel Frama case. It is pricey ($85) but I think it's worth every penny.

I had loved the one I had for my Clie; it kept my Clie in mint condition up until it died on me about two years back, and that's after 4+ years of abuse in or on my HUGE handbag, and not a scratch on it.

After that, I had gotten an aluminum case for my Tungsten T3, which was a terrible choice, as it didn't protect my PDA whatsoever. Which is why I got the TX...

When I got the TX, I had gotten another Piel Frama case; why mess around with the tried and true? So far, I am loving it.

My reasons:
    -the belt clip is totally secure; I sometimes clip on the strap of my bag, so you can imagine what kind of things it can come in contact with.. like a wall, or the subway doors or my foot (yeah, i'm a klutz), which should suit your needs well.
    -it's got sufficient padding to protect your beloved PDA
    -it's made specifically for your model, so there isn't any slipping and slidding: prefect fit. The fit is comparable to the Vaja cases, and some would say that it is superior.

And even for a guy, it's a great choice, as it isn't girly t all; it's a classy look.

Case for TX

I am looking at cases too, I want a leather flip case but no belt holder. Sena cases seem to have been given pretty positive reviews, any comments?

Case for TX

Sena cases are good cases. I've had several over the years and the quality was always there.

Here are list of some other sites:

www.ebcases.com
    www.vajacases.com - high end spending but very designer'ish
    www.bellagiodesigns.com
    www.boxwave.com
    www.pielframa.com

I've purchased from all of the above over the years - quality is good.

Case for TX

thanks for the info moose man

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information