Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

T5 Stuck on boot, flashing black bar

So my Tungsten T5 locked up yesterday while I was performing a hotsync. I performed a soft reset and the system looked like it was booting normally, but when it got to the palm logo screen it just hung with a thin black bar flashing across the top. Soft, Warm, Hard and Zero out resets don't work, although I can get the prompt for the Hard reset, it just hangs after I hit up.

I bought this thing 13 months ago so the warranty just ran out. I bought this to replace a Tungsten E which had lasted a similar amount of time (just past warranty).

Any ideas or am I just royally screwed? If so I'm gonna say fk palm and just buy a smart phone. I like the palm interface though so please someone tell me this is fixable.

Thanks.

If you have performed a hard reset whereby you are getting the "delete all records" screen and you hit up or "yes" then assuming that you do not have an SD card in the slot......you are probably going to call Palm a bunch of and you are goofed.

Pull any SD cards and reperform a warm reboot or even a soft in an attempt to avoid a hard reset. If these don't work then do the hard reset and if the condition continues - toss the T5 (assuming you don't want it anymore) into the nearest toxic waste dump because that is what it now is.....

Moose You Crack Me Up!

I just had my T5 lockup yesterday. It was working great, then I got this Fatal Error message and said to reset, then went blank. So I did the reset on the back. Goes through boot up and then stays on Palm Powered with flashing black line at top.

I tried soft, warm reset. Realized I had my SD in and removed, nothing. I did get to the message on the hard reset but didn't bite at this time. So I may have to do the hard reset, and lose everything

I have had this for two years. Not sure if it is worth having repaired or not.

User5910
    I had this happen a few times in a row to my Tungsten E2 until I realized the button on my sync cable was stuck down.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information