Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

tomtom on a palm tx

Hi all, newbie here

Recently got myself a palm tx and was given a copy off navigator 6. Now I run mobile 5 on my nokia which installed easily. I have copied the folder across to my SD card but it wont install, tried copying the whole folder, just the contents, every combination I can think off without any joy. Does anyone have an idiots guide to installing it because its driving me mad, yes I have done a search for answers before I asked but didnt find much help.

My mate that gave me the copy says it runs fine on his wifes PDA but that is windows based, am I being stupid and there are two versions and I am trying to install a windows version on a palm system, the files are there when I copy them, I have installed an explorer type programme and filez to check they are there but it wont run anything, shouldnt this be automatic?

Also out of curiosity last night I put the same SD card into the wifes dell axim x51 and it went to install straight away, this should be easy surely?

Thanks in advance, hope someone has an answer as this is driving me mad and I dont want to have to change PDA's

Jay

tomtom on a palm tx

You must have a version that is specifically designed for the Palm OS. You can copy files all day long but they have to be installed via the TomTom conduit manager that comes with the Palm version - not via the SD card.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

tomtom on a palm tx

Thank you, thats all I needed to know, so before I go to buy my own copy I need to make sure its the Palm version, does this have a different name to Navigator 6 as the copies I have seen say they work with dell etc pda, HP, and also palm?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

tomtom on a palm tx

Navigator 6 is only compatible with Treo's.

You'll have to check any other specifics with them.

I've never liked TomTom - tried it and you can search for a thread that I wrote here back in the T3 days- and now that I went over and looked at their web page and it took me more then 5 minutes to determine it's not compatible with a TX. Well - they'll never get my business.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

tomtom on a palm tx

according to other forums people are running this on tx's as well as treo, havent tried so cant say but it seems to work by all accounts, do you have a suggestion for another system, viamichelin maybe, I am in the Czech Republic, just so you know

Thanks for your help again

tomtom on a palm tx

Just going by what their home page says here in the States, so I'd guess you take a chance on getting it on the TX.

TomTom is probably your best bet in the Czech Republic.....don't know enough about viamichelin to state specifics.

Their support may be better than my experience since they European based.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information