Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

VERY AGGRESSIVE dog, dont know what to do?

were going to go bring him in to our local humane society monday, but were scared hes gonna bite someone in the progress of getting him in, weve already had him aggressivly snarl at 4 people and ALMOST bit all of them this week. Sadly, my family were the ones that had to experience those horrid bites. We dont know what to do, im scared hes gonna bite someone on monday at the humane society when they try taking him, actually he probably will
    is there any way if we did have to put them down, we could go to a emergency vet, or would that be uncalled for since they only seem to handle injured dogs?
    this is NOT only a dominant dog, he is AGGRESSIVE, we have tooken him to PRIVATE classes just for this, and the trainers simply couldnt do it, cuz he was so aggressive.
    were not looking into trainig at all
    @terry; honestly, im not gonna sit here and take your crap. okay yeah we were unexperienced, our first time with a dog, sadly we took him from the wrong hands, since he was agressive since day one. we took him to obedience classes, etc. and the matter has only become worse, what do you want me to do, ive done what i only could, ive risked my life, and others, were trying to do whats best for him and get him help from humane society, so dont give me your crap cuz your not helping the dog at all by blaming people.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Geez, how sad. How did this poor dog get like this? Inexperienced hands? I doubt very much if the Humane Society will take the dog. They usually won't take aggressive dogs. I hope they will, and I hope they will retrain him, because most of the time when there are aggressive dogs it is because of the People, and their lack of training. Go buy a muzzle. If in any doubt at anytime, put the muzzle on. Good luck to your dog. So sad.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like he is too dominant. Search on google how you can train a dog to not be so dominant. Worked for my dog.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Buy a muzzle and muzzle him. You can call E vets tomorrow and see if they will put the dog down for you and save the Humane Society the cost of housing him and euthanizing him.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If he is aggressive and un adoptable, they will put him to sleep in a couple of days. They don't have time to work with aggressive dogs.
    Look into having the dog trained by someone with experience with aggressive dogs.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information