Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    because you are not thinking about having a climax while you are drinking water, or eating food, or breathing oxygen

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why some think having sex touch your dignity?

I have asked a question about virginity in muslim countries, one of the answers say that those have dignity and self respect.
    sex is just another human need, just like water, food and oxygen.
    Why do they look at this as dignity breaking and disrespectful to self?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    because back in the day, sex was related to child bearing (before females were turned into robots with pills). the future generations depended on who you had sex with and how often.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's just another shame tactic used by religion.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    there is no right answer because sex is neither wrong nor right, only necessary for certain outcomes such as procreation and the perpetuation of the species, at least at this technological point in time. to share insight of sorts think of this, do you think about the dignity of an animal, do you think it is intelligent or even aware enough to grasp the concept of dignity? furthermore, what of machines; do you think machines have dignity? if we are biological life then some would say we are bound by the parameters of physiology; biology, genetics. though others would say we are biological technology, living machines. if this is right then we are bound by our physiology still. only when we realize that we are self aware, conscious/consciousness, are we able to see that we are human, biologically, mechanical technically, but have a spark of contradiction called consciousness, the mind. dignity is not something physical like our hair, it is our mind, it is a part of our mind as well as residing within the mind. to clearly answer your question, some think sex is degrading because it is something required by a lower being or lesser intellectual being. however, it is not wrong or even immature, though most if not all only indulge in sexual relations as a distraction from dysfunction that is present within them self and so sex in their case is degrading, like an addiction.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hell wish I knew.

I don't think they know it themself though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    try 2 think about it in different angle.just say that ur wife (if ur married)fulfilled her needs with other man before she married u.and in her heart the other man was much better than u in bed.how would u feel.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is not just in religion you will find people who think it is shameful. Some people, regardless of faith or lack there of, feel that sex before marriage is wrong and immoral, just as you feel it is a basic human need. Like many things where the lines are so widely divided, you will never be able to meet in the middle. Live and let live, each with their own opinion.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to be Christian, so I'll answer by reference to the books I was brought up with, which are likely to reflect many principles in other Holy Books.

The books of the Bible were written by men in a patriarchal society, and women were subjugated. Controlling how they dressed and the concept of pre-marital virginity, under pain of death in Deuteronomy, was part of that. And the Adam and Eve story was a myth that tried to explain how death, toil and other woes came into the world; and like the Greek Pandora myth, a woman is blamed (and by extension, in a patriarchal society, all women).

It even implies that women shouldn’t wear trousers: “The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.” (Deuteronomy 22:5)

That subjugation even appears in the New Testament. Look at what Paul says in 1 Timothy 2:9-15,

"In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; but (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety."

This basically translates as, "Women, for goodness sake cover yourselves up. It's your fault we got pushed out of Eden, so shut up and get on with childbearing!"

He even has the cheek to insist that women keep their heads covered and claim that men were the image of god but women weren't: "For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man." (1 Corinthians 11:7-9).

He'd turn in his grave if he knew about the feminist movement. And luckily women and men are now considered of equal status. But some of the old attitude still persists in some religious people, including some women.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    try 2 think about it in different angle.just say that ur wife (if ur married)fulfilled her needs with other man before she married u.and in her heart the other man was much better than u in bed.how would u feel.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information