I seriously can't find ANYTHING what so ever on the web, so I'm turning to Yahoo Answers as my last hope...
I have 2 cameras, one is a Nikon Coolpix s3000, and my other is a Sanyo vpc-x1400
My Nikon Coolpix s3000 JUST stopped working today. I turn it on, everything works just fine. I go in to zoom, I can only zoom just a fraction of what I normally can, and THERE, it won't let me zoom any farther, the lens goes back into the camera, and the screen reads "LENS ERROR !". Obviously it's a lens error, but is there a way I can sorta go in the camera and fix it? My warrenty is OUT and its expensive to fix it with Nikon.
My other camera is the Sanyo vpc-x1400. This one broke last year. I hate Sanyo's support center. They're no help at all. I turn on the Sanyo, it makes a wired buzzing sound several times, the lens goes IN AND OUT of the camera (as if i was turning it on & off) and the screen will read "system error". Somehow I'm able to force it to go to picture mode, and EVERYTHING is blurry, the camera isn't focusing. The warrenty is out on this camera too, and getting it repaired would cost as much as the camera itself.
Is there any possible, technical, PHYSICAL??? way i can fix these myself? going into the camera? downloading drivers? HACKING??? Maybe not hacking, but you can see my point, I'm frusterated with these expensive things breaking. if you are able to walk me through a step by step over and IM or something, that would be FANTASTIC. Skype would work the best, but I can go through Yahoo IM as well. If you need my skype name, just email me at: [email protected]
Please, if you email me, LET IT BE ONLY about the skype name.
and if you're adding me on the skype, LET IT BE ONLY about fixing my camera. PLEASE.
If I find that your answer works, I will mark you as Best Answer.
I really just want an answer to this, I go camping on Friday and I would like to have a camera handy..