Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arthur - "Popular Girls/Buster's Growing Grudge"

After pulling the episode from the last few Season 3 Arthur cycles on the PBS Kids feeds, the Chicago Arthur station (WTTW Chicago) finally aired the Season 3 Arthur episode "Popular Girls/Buster's Growing Grudge" on April 5, 2006 at 5 PM Chicago time without doing a "Sugartime" (Postcards from Buster controversial episode) by replacing it the last few times "Arthur Rides the Bandwagon/Dad's Dessert Dilemma"!

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I remember when I used to watch this show, then they started getting ridiculous around 2001. I tried to sit through it later on, but found the re-shaping of characters to be just too much. That's when I stopped watching.

Anyway, about the episode: It was pulled? Strange, I never heard of this. I saw it many times for years ago. That really was a great episode.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What was so controversial about it?

And what was so controversial about a Postcards From Buster episode?

> And what was so controversial about a Postcards From Buster episode? <

It profiled a family with two mommies.

(BTW: "Sugartime" refers to their being maple-syrup makers.)

And there's ANOTHER show I don't get. "Arthur". BLEAAHHH! He's an aardvark and he doesn't even have a tail?

What kind of aardvark doesn't even have a tail? Cerebus had no soul, but at least he had a TAIL!!!

For a long time I thought "Arthur" was a hamster. Which is to say: the character design on "Arthur" is beyond lame. Only in the realm that welcomed "Barney" could such a colorless character prosper.

"Sugartime", eh? With "two mommies"? I predict a high rating from the 18-49 male demographic for THAT episode.

They're humanoid animals. Anthropormorphic. It's creepy, but yet endearing. :shrug: The writing on the show is pretty clever, as about half of the staff used to write for SNL.

In the first book he did look like an anthropomorphic aardvark. Of course he also looked ugly as sin so I guess the creator decided to revamp his design to make him look more appealing.

Nothing. It was actually pretty funny:

You see, it starts of with Francine and Catherine mixing up their bags on their way to school (they have identical ones) so when they left Francine found that she had the wrong one. When they looked inside she found a magazine called 'Popular Girls' and realised that it much be a "teenage magazine". They took one of those tests where scores you get a certain score for whatever question you answer, and Fern and Sue Ellen found out that they were "too quite" and "too outspoken", so obviously then they act all ridiculous to iron out their "flaw" and in the end the usual "we liked you the way you were before", and yadda yadda yadda from their friends.

Brain: "Is that Popular Science?!" *looks at cover* "Oh, nevermind..."

It was very funny, especially the chaos they caused throughout the school 'cause they were working on a project.

Buster's Growing Grudge is about Buster telling Binky a joke he was going to use for his report, but Binky goes and tells it to the whole class. He finds out that Binky got a C while he got an F (or was it a D?) and he blamed it on the joke saying that it got Binky a higher grade. It was hilarious at the time, and probably still is.

Of course, I'm going to tell you that that was by far the best season of the show IMO. Quite fitting seeing as it all fell apart afterwards.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information