Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What do people want?

I know what I -don't- want: Shows with practically similar art styles to previous NickToons. I hated it when Klasky Csupo did it, and I hated it when Butch did it for Danny Phantom. Part of NickToons' appeal, at least to me, is visual variety. Seeing the same kind of art/animation gets tiresome.

As for genre/tone, I don't care. As long as it's entertaining, I'm game.

What do people want?

Contination.

Seriously I can't tell how often FOP pisses me off because Timmy never learns from his mistakes. I like Danny Phantom because of the continuation but Nick plays episodes out of order.:sad: Romance, humor, and action are always a plus too. I think that what draws everyone to Avatar. It has a little bit of everything, romance, action, humor, and most of all Continuation.

What do people want?

Continuity's not all that important to me; every episode of a show doesn't have to be one long continuous arc or one giant continuous story. I actually prefer cartoons in which each episode is a self-contained story. That way you can watch the shows in any particular order for the most part and not be lost.

And I'm personally not into Avatar. I actually find it boring, but that's JMPO.

What do people want?

Humor of course, but I would like it to be mixed with Supernatural Wonders, but not the kind of supernatural in Martin Mystery, the kind like Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, ect.

What do people want?

I agree once more. I don't like the way that Martin Mystery turned out, because that's just to supernatural for my tastes. And I am into Avatar for the same reason because it DOES have a little bit of everything!

What do people want?

Hmm...this thread is vague enough to be in the General Animation Thead.

In terms of action, all it has to do is have action at least every other episode. And it has to look awesome. And I mean Avatar, JL/JLU awesome.
    For humor, I enjoy witty dialog and sight gags.

The weaker those two are, the less likely I'd watch a show. I don't care what the plot is.

Ya know, I actually read in a book that discusses writing for animation, and that kind of thing is encourage. Besides the whole basis of the show is that Timmy makes a wish, things go awry, and tries to right his wrong. It was made to be as such.

What do people want?

Cartoon characters never learn from their mistakes. That way they can keep having wacky adventures every week. Look at Tommy Pickles and the gang on Rugrats. Angelica has been lying to them for over 4 years and yet they believed her every single time! You'd think after being duped 3 or 4 times, they'd eventually learn that Angelica was full of crap and never listen to her again, but after 5+ seasons, the Rugrats were just as gullible as they were on day 1.

What do people want?

There's a reason the babies still believe Angelica, they're, well, babies!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information