Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Characters that get little respect

What characters do you think get little respect from the writers of their shows? I mean characters that rarely if ever play a big role in an episode or allowed to play a big role in the closing battles, kind of like seating at the kiddie table, while the real important characters fight. Or even appear in episode at all. And most importantly you feel could offer so much more. There are many characters that get little respect, and I think don't deserve much respect.

Here are some of my examples:

Mai and Ty Lee (Avatar: The Last Airbender) pacificly the end of "The Chase" and "Crossroads Of Destiny", Azula was involved in the epic closing battles, while they either just dried up after being thrown into a river, or guarding a dumb bear.

The HIVE (Teen Titans) first of all they are pawns of Slade and Brother Blood in "Final Exam" and "Deceptions", Slade even planned on them losing. Than they have to beg for a spot in the Brotherhood Of Evil in season 5. They are treated as junior villains, they are what I refer to as kiddie table villains.

Duff Killingen (Kim Possible) He was the main villain in his first episode "Number One", than whenever he appeared another villain or most cases villains appeared in the same episode.

All of these characters are villains, that is just a coisidence, this is not a villain thread, lord knows I started enough of those, but free for any character in general, weather on the side of good, evil, or in between. Though I don't consider Mai and Ty Lee villains, they are on the villain's side for now anyway.

Sorry, couldn't resist:

JabberJaw- No respect, no respect!

Meg Griffin. I hope the upcoming episode that focuses on her and the revenge against her abusers is worth the wait.

Here's a few characters that I think that get little respect from the writers:

Good guys:
    Jabberjaw(Jabberjaw)
    Edd(E,E,& E)
    Marcia Martian/Foxy & Roxy(Tiny Toon Adventures)
    Minerva Mink(Animaniacs) - I wish the writers would of give her two more episodes involving her vs. Newt maybe.
    Sven Hoek(Ren & Stimpy)
    Kevin/Dog Poo(South Park) - they would of gotten more big roles after their 1st big role episodes besides be in the background.
    Ezekial/robot turkey(Aqua Teen Hunger Force)
    Space Rovers(Road Rovers) - As much as I miss the show, I wish the writers would of give them a few episodes since they're interesting and that their female captain is super hot next to Colleen.

Villains:
    Liquidator(Darkwing Duck) - after his first episode, they would of give him more alone episodes besides be with the Fearsome Five.
    Damien(South Park)
    Ixis Naughus(SatAM Sonic the Hedgehog) - after his first episode "The Void", the writers would of give him a bigger role for continuing the next season since his glowing red eyes appeared in the season one finale while Robotnik's defeated.
    Phantom Blot(Ducktales) - the writers would of give him a few roles like the Beagle Boys besides appearing in the comics.
    Mandark's sister(Dexter's Laboratory) - after her first episode, she would of have more bigger roles like her brother.
    Perfecto Prep(Tiny Toon Adventures) - the writers would of give them more roles after the Wacky World of Sports ep. by explaining more about their school/classes like with Acme Acres and give more other characters villain roles besides Roderick & Rubella.

I'm surprised noone's mentioned these yet:
    Sokka (Avatar:the Last Airbender)
    Half the cast of Tiny Toons (you know who I mean.
    Wanda in later seasons of Fairly Oddparents.

I don't know, he has his moments when he is the hero. Jet and The Library and there is an upcoming episode called Sokka's Master which explaing itself. I guess he could have more episode when he is the hero, as oppose to a punching bag for the others to laugh at.

I do feel though that Aang stole Bato Of The Water Tribe episode from him. At the beginning it seemed the focus was going to be on Sokka when they showed him as a kid, but it take long for it to become about Aang and his feelings of neglete and not having the spotlight on him. And later about Aang getting that necklise back from Zuko.

Well this is just a guess, but maybe the reason that these characters aren't regarded very highly by the writers and the viewers could be because they each only made one single appearance on their perspective shows. One episode characters can't really be counted as being underused. Most of them were only good for one episode anyway.

Anyway, some more underused characters:

Mom (The Brak Show)
    Shirley the Loon (Tiny Toons)
    Mabel Moozipan (Viva Pinata)
    Chi-Chi (Dragon Ball Z)
    The mom on Johnny Test

Sad how so many female characters are left in the lurch.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hmm. Is this thread about characters who get no respect in the context of the show itself or is it about characters who are just underused by the people making the show?

A little bit of both, but mostly from the writers of the show, who underuse characters in importance and in number of appearence.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information