Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Gametap's Tomb Raider Revisioned Talkback (Spoilers)

Good one.

Zing! Yeah, it reminds me of the reason why I dislike FMA.

How is that on-topic in any way? We don't really care if you like or hate FMA. Let's keep this on Tomb Raider, nothing else. Thanks.

"Angel's Spit Part 1" wasn't very good. It had extremely simple animation (I assume done in Flash), and a good half of it was just a series of still images from the flashback. Worst of all, there's no action whatsoever, and it looks like they're saving it for part 2. And is it just me, or did Lara's design for this short hardly look like her at all?

Something tells me Peter Chung's episodes will be the exception rather than the rule quality wise for the rest of the series.

Shades of "Bart vs. Australia" at the end of "Angel's Spit, Part 2".

That was extremely disappointing. The whole second half was just as listlessly directed as the first, even though it contained action scenes this time around. The scene where Lara is in the creature's womb and is shooting at its offspring didn't have nearly the creepiness nor the urgency needed for it to work. It just felt really bland, despite the high-energy soundtrack.

Let's hope Thursday's "Lara Croft" is better.

"Lara Croft: Legacy" is up. Well, it was better than last week's "Angel's Spit". Not sure what they used to animate it (looks like Flash but there seemed to be 3D elements too) but it seemed better overall than the previous entry. Overall it had a really rushed feeling to it, though. And while the use of vintage music in place of the usual rousing, dramatic orchestra was an interesting change of pace, I'm not sure yet how I feel about it. It almost gave the short a campy feel, especially when combined with the deliberately "old film" look. Not sure if it worked for the Tomb Raider universe, though I have to hand it to them for trying something different.

Next week is a chibi-fied Lara. Looks like another comedy short, much like "Return of the Aztec Mummy".

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information