Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CGI Movies!

CGI Movies!

But Kappa Mikey is in 2D.

What id it that people have against CGI. It been around since the 80's
    CGI is also shown in animation movies. I'm interested in doing CGI, but I still like 2D animation,

I found the movie Robots to be very impressive because of the realistic look of the robots.

CGI Movies!

There is the traditional singing at the end of the Shrek movies.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

CGI Movies!

I think a lot people believe CGI to be overdone. Whenever something becomes popular and is employed often, it tends to automatically become hated. A LOT of animated movies in the past decade have employed CGI to tell their stories, it's just becoming a little saturated. Especially since in several instances, the CGI-rendering doesn't do anything to enhance the story or characters in any way. Too many producers think that all they have to do is render a show or movie in shiny CGI and they've instantly got a hit on their hands. While I have nothing against CGI (when it's professionally done), I get tired of the mentality that CG alone can make a movie or TV show great. I only have an issue with CGI when producers use computerized graphics as a substitute for good writing, memorable characters and story development. The quality of a show or movie is not how it's animated; it lies in the quality of the story and its' characters. Few things are more irritating to me than watching impressive CGI graphics wasted on a mediocre story and lame characters. It's like tying gold wrapping paper around dog vomit.

However, despite its' current overuse, I don't see CGI as this great Satan that's going to overtake and eventually destroy the animation industry. CGI is just another way to present a story; it's not meant to replace hand-drawn animation, Flash animation, stop-motion animation, clay animation or anything else. There's room in the world for all kids of visual presentations.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

CGI Movies!

It's computer generated, but as far as termonology or slang or what have you goes, it is not 'CGI'.

CGI Movies!

Its a Computer Generated Image, and yet you can't shorten that down to CGI.

CGI Movies!

^ Oh don't start with that.
    This will soon be another "anime and cartoons are two different things," kinda discussion.

CGI Movies!

All Novels are Books but not all Books are Novels.

CGI Movies!

I thought we've been doing that for awhile now?

But look, Anime is Animation. Cartoons are Animation. Animation is Animation. Good, Bad, Pretty, Ugly, each has plently of all of those. The art style does not dictate if something is going to be good or not. Some people have issues with change and can't accept that changes can be good. Wether its 2D Layered, Cardboard Cut-Outs, 3D Models Rendered in photorealism, or just dancing inkblots to a piano, it can all be good, or complete crap.

What is really killing animation is the crummy over reused story lines and character types, and the simple fact that when something tries to be new, different or edgy it gets bashed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information