Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Animated Shows Get....Live-Action Movies?

You have a good point here, but couldn't they go all-out CGI, Advent Children style? Far more expensive, sure, but the results might have been better.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

But there are refernces to the cartoon in that movie.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I actually kind of like it when they make live action movies based on cartoons. Its okay as long as they don't mess with the story (as in Alvin & the Chipmunks)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

True. There are also references to Sailor Moon in Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds.

It's more in the genre of something like, say, Spiderman where there was a cartoon to draw influence from, but it wasn't the only source, and less like a straight-up cartoon adaptation like Underdog.

I've noticed that too, Speilberg's daughter is a Sailor Moon fan that and Speilberg likes Anime. Anyway, there is another live action animated film people probably never even heard of, does anyone recall a live action Fist of the North Star starring Dante "Prince Zuko" Basco?

I don't think it's a budget issue, I think people would just rather watch a live action movie than an animated one.

Personally, Underdog gets it just as bad. The original being a superhero based show with some humanoid animals.

And while I understand making some changes to appeal to the mainstream audience, not everything has to be made into a sitcomish type movie to do so.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am getting annoy this.

Here is why cartoon are being made into live action.

Alvin and Chipmucks, Bagdasarian Production has annouced in doing a live action/CGI adaption to the 60 Alvin Show in 2004.

Fat Albert, Bill Cosby did written the story, he might wanted to to do a live verison of his show.

Transformers, Steven Speilberg wanted to bring the Transformers to life.

Bratz, is also based a on toyline. It was created to follow the success of their toyline.

Garfield is based on a comic strip

You forgot to mention George of the Jungle and Dudley Do Right.

Some of them a fell, some become successful in the box office.

The Underdog Movie will help bring back interest in Underdog, the DVD is even out. Let not forget the Alvin and Chipmuck which might bring back the chipmucks craze.

Well thanks to the live action, Transformers became hot again howver Bratz not so much, the film was bound to be bad anyway while Transformers was bound to be great ever since Michael Bay came on board.

Speaking of which, I'd like to point out, according to one of the special features in the Beavis and Butt-head Do America DVD, that MTV apparently had an idea of making a live-action Beavis and Butt-head movie. Their idea was that it was going to star David Spade as Beavis and Chris Farley as Butt-head. Obviously, Mike Judge knew it was a terrible idea, so, as you know, it was scrapped and the movie stuck to it's animated roots. Think what a "thrill" a live-action version would have been. :/

Also, I'm curious, what ever happened to that live-action DBZ movie that was apparently supposed to be produced by Fox? Was it cancelled or did it never even exsist?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information