Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

MacFarlane and co. at Comic-Con

For some reason, this sounds familiar to me. I could've sworn they actually did this joke, and I'm not thinking of the "wasted 24/7" thing. Does anyone else remember it or am I just crazy?

Probably when peter pointed out at communion "Wow this is really the blood of Jesus? Boy he must have been drunk all the time."

Not the same.

No, I specifically said I wasn't thinking of that...

I hate "Family Guy".

I mean, I really hate "Family Guy".

I mean, I really really really completely totally utterly with all my heart with every fiber of my being I wish it had never been revived they don't even try anymore the people who call it "the funniest show on TV" are total morons it's dragging down the quality of all television in general and lowering the expectations of the American viewing public and thus making the American population a hell of a lot dumber and possibly well on the road to influencing and posioning and potentially destroying all forms of entertainment known to man Seth MacFarlane is an untalented hack who never should have broken into the business anyway we'd all be so much better off without this show since we already had the far superior "The Simpsons" to begin with hate "Family Guy".

And stuff like this doesn't help.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/44450227/
    Then what are Brian and Stewie doing here? What brought this on all of a sudden?

It's going to be awkward if you're banned from TZ by the time "that project" launches. Please don't blow it by getting too hot over some things; take a walk or something.

oops, my fault. This is what happens when you don't read. Oh well listen I could list all the jokes referencing Jesus and that's the only one that comes close in the entire series.

Nope. The writing has just become that predictable.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ugh. This show has jumped the shark, I'm glad I stopped watching. Better to get out now before they make an episode revealing that Peter is the second cousin of African cannibals.

Family Guy: Make up random stupid stuff to do and interrupt it constantly with pop culture jokes so people will swallow it. That's all the show is now. Bit by bit it is becoming what its critics said it always was in the first place.

It's pretty sad, I used to be a pretty hardcore fan of the show, along with some of my best friends in high school. We used to always watch the DVD's and rcite the lines with eachother in class, at home, wherever! We were so pumped for the new episodes when they were announced... and then we saw it... At first we brushed of the first couple of episodes, we had hope that the crew would come into their own again, we thought it was just a fluke, bu by the end of season 4 we realized that it just wasn't going to get any better. Family Guy was one of the few things in this world that really brought us togother and now my best friend, who is a way more hardcore fan than I am, has diismmissed this show and is now excited about the upcoming return of Futurama, which we both pray to god doesn't endure the same fate.

Could you guys just for once have a positive mindset on where the FG series is going? Family Guy was on a slope back up around the last 4 episodes of the last season, so maybe the series will be just as good as season 3! Maybe they just needed to brush some creative webs off for a few seasons before hitting a stride again.

Both The Simpsons fans and Family Guy fans need to cool it. If you go into the show's new season hating it, then of course you're not going to find it enjoyable. True, they've had a few bad episodes since the return (Most notably the Bill and Peter episode) but it's not like they don't have ample time to bounce back, they're pretty much just as popular ratings-wise as it's rival, The Simpsons.

'Aww five minute gags involving Peter? Kill me now I hate it' Alright, it really gets me angry when people complain about the most trivial things. It's obvious the writing crew understands most people hate these drawn-out jokes (I find them funny, to be honest), but they think it's funny so of course they're going to throw a few more out. It's not hurting ratings at all, is it? Not from what I can see.

Also, American Dad is constantly getting better, so I'm looking forward to that too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information