Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Behind The BHTs

Behind The BHTs

I wasn't trying to be offensive, far from it. I was just amazed at what the French could do, as evidenced by Rocket Robin Hood, Totally Spies, Code Lyoko, et al. So.......soundtrack albums never available in the states......even before the advent of cartoon and anime soundtracks.......that would've been a fantastic trend, given the rumor that the Grammys were maybe opening up a catagory of game soundtracks. Just think if cartoon soundtracks had been a hit worldwide. But that is just me.

Behind The BHTs

Well, Gadget has many creators, actually. But some of them were French. Andy Heyward I always thought was from the US. But since DIC was a French studio at the time, no wonder why the record lable was almost France exclusive... though, quite a few other cartoons (both American and Japanese) had French albums, as I've mentioned many a time.

Behind The BHTs

Most soundtracks for western cartoons I've been able to find tend to be French. Inspector Gadget has a soundtrack album but that's one of hardest soundtracks to find. The largest cartoon soundtrack I've ever seen for a western cartoon is the Mysterious Cities of Gold but I've only seen the French soundtrack. If you're looking for a soundtrack for a cartoon, there's a good change of being a French release. Also, many songs for those soundtracks have lyrics. I was surprised to learn that Penny's theme from Inspector Gadget has lyrics to it.

Behind The BHTs

Haim Saban is a mountain of a man. He's tall. Met him when he came to the 757 many moons ago back when he, on behalf of Fox Kids Worldwide, announced they were buying The Family Channel, which still has a relay station here in its ABC Family incarnation.

Pat Robertson gave me the evil eye that day. Can't forget that.

Though Mr. Saban doesn't own any of the shows he helped produced, he still holds copyrights to many of the soundtracks and themes he and Shuki Levy composed over the decades. He's still rich as hell to this date.

Andy Heyward didn't create Inspector Gadget. That honor, I believe, goes to Jean Chaplain, though don't hold me to that. Mr. Heyward was approached to represent DiC in the US because of his years of experience in animation.

Behind The BHTs

Just like the soundtracks for vid games, all available only in Japan, yet imported copies can be found in mail order places and in anime and otaku specialty stores. Pity the same can't be said for DIC's stuff; you may have to fly to France for that so, good luck.

P.S.: Whover created the other toons, The BHTs included, must be a genius.

Behind The BHTs

Well, it really depends on the company. Disney did release a CD with opening themes for the Disney Afternoon shows. Unfortunately, you could only get that from Walt Disney World. I've never seen it but I know it has extended versions of Ducktales and Gummi Bears opening songs.

You may be able to get those French soundtracks by ordering from sites that sale French records and CDs. That is, if you don't mind paying in euros.

As for the guy who created BHT, think Craig Zukowski created that show.

Behind The BHTs

Then he's the genius. He must've created it with a lot of fanservice on his mind.

Behind The BHTs

Yeah, as I said, I didn't think you were being malicious, but saying "that's good, for a bunch of french dudes" implies that french people are capable of less, like saying "wow, that's pretty good... for a girl" suggests that girls are less capable (which they're obviously not)...

(I don't want to make a big deal out of this, especially since I myself wasn't even offended, just trying to explain my point)

Behind The BHTs

I understand.

Behind The BHTs

Haim Saban's also published books on religion. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...=&pagewanted=4

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information