Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"Black Panther (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Marvel Comics and the BET Network have made a deal to produce a Black Panther prime-time animated series for the 2008 - 2009 television season.

BET made the announcement at its upfront presentation in New York, citing the upcoming Black Panther animated series as one of the highlights. Reginald Hudlin, president of entertainment for BET and current scribe for the Black Panther comic book series for Marvel, is slated to play an undisclosed role in the production. Here's how the series was described at BET's upfront presentation, as seen below.

"From Marvel Comics, who brought the world Spider-Man, X-Men, the Fantastic Four and Iron Man, comes a prime-time animated series featuring the first Black superhero. A wise and just African warrior king. A technologically advanced superhero with a proud past."

The Black Panther prime-time animated series is set to premiere in the first quarter of 2009.

The Black Panther character was recently seen in the animated Ultimate Avengers II: Rise of the Panther (talkback).

Note: This thread will be altered into a "News & Discussion" Thread shortly.

Cool. I guess they choose BET instead of Nicktoon because Reginald Hudlin. I just hope the series is good and does'nt fall into a stereotype. I really don't want see T'Challa wearing bling-bling or girls booty shaking on the series:sweat: .

You mean I will actually have a reason to watch BET? Interesting

Am I glad he's getting a series? Yes. Am I glad it's on BET? Not so much. I don't want this shuffled inbetween a lot of other garbage, at least make sure it's in prime-time or something so people can find it.

I remember this was rumored awhile ago but I am glad to see if announced. I can't wait to see more on this unfold and I think it's a good move on Marvel's part to try and branch out their properties some more. I am eager to see some character designs and voice cast announcements.

Huh.

Now out of all the Marvel characters that could be animated and of all the time slots, Black Panther in Prime-Time wasn't it.

I haven't read any BP and I think the only places I've really seen him is Ultimate Avengers 2 and the Ultimates 3 comic.

I'd like to see Wakanda and him actually being ruler of it, not have him being in America all the time.

Don't have a clue what type of network BET is so I can't comment on that.

This could be a nice change of pace for the channel... or end up being more sterotypical crap for BET. Undecided, but like I said, could be good. I'd love to see how T'Challa's portrayed.

Well, I have a much stronger incentive to go to the Black Panel at NYCC today, if nothing else. Was planning to go anyway, since I thought it was fun last year and criminally under-reported, but now I'll have something I can really ask.

-- Ed

I picture either Keith David, Phil LaMarr or Carl Lumbly as the voice of Black Panther

I always liked the sound of Keith David voicing T'Challla in the FF series

I wonder whos in the running for this veraion

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information