Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Cartoons you've re-discovered.

I only vaugley remembered pieces of Gwenevere and the Jewel Riders from snippets of the show when I was smaller, but for the longest time I'd wanted to find the show with "flying horses, and really long hair."

Just recently someone was finally able to point me in the right direction, and while it might not be the best show around, I'm getting a kick out of revisiting something that's escaped me for so long.

Pretty much everything I grew up with, Garfeild and Friends, Sonic The Hedgehog, Dexter's Lab, 2 Stupid Dogs, Ren and Stimpy, Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry are just a few I still like to this day, pretty much anything with a cool style and good characters is a good show for me.

BTW: Thanks for reminding me of Moomins, haven't seen the show in ages.

I'd probably say The Batman. I didn't really watch it that much while it was airing (that Pro-B:TAS complex...), but when I saw the movie Batman VS. Dracula, I wish I had watched the show more. It still wasn't up there with Bruce Timm's Batman cartoons, but still pretty enjoyable.

I used to see The Legend of Prince Valiant on the Family Channel in the early 90's, and was able to rediscover it thanks to the recent DVD releases. The show was even better than I remembered. It is a family show, it teaches lessons without being as over-moralizing as much of the syndicated fare of the time, it has adventure and drama, and it's tied to the idealized aspects of Arthurian myth as well as its original comic strip. It also did a good job of creating conflict between different points of view, as opposed to straightforward good vs. evil plots every episode (though it had those too). The animation shows it's age, but Prince Valiant is one of the best cartoons of its time.

Johnny Test-I mentioned this in an earlier thread, but when JT first debuted on Kids' WB, I thought it was one of the dumbest shows out there. I've since re-discovered Johnny on Cartoon Network, and I actually kind of like it now. My favorite characters are Johnny's sisters, Dukey the dog and the mom, Lila.

-Of course, now CN's replaying the epiosdes to death, but there you go. :sweat:

OK,this thread is going in two directions.

Some people say they watched a show some years ago and got back into it.Which I think was the original poster's meaning.Hence the 're-discover' part.

On the other hand,some people say that they weren't into a show at first and some time later discovered it to me good.Much like me and Teen Titans.

Maybe it doesn't matter... :sweat:

ditto

ive re-discovered Metabots again after years, its still as awesome as it was when i was a kid, unlike another show that seems alot crappier now that im older (Beyblade, and G.I Joe which i saw years ago).

Yogi Bear-I loved it in the past, but I'm rewatching episodes on Boomerang and am loving it agian.

Space Ghost to Coast-I used to love this show so much on late night CN, it was off for a while but came back and have been watching it. Super funny.

The Simpsons-I wasn't a fan of the newer episodes, but now season 19 had some good ones, I've become a fan agian.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

With the 24/7 Qubo channel on my cable TV lineup, I've re-discovered some past shows like Rupert, Pecola and Sitting Ducks.

I rediscovered Recess thanks to Toon Disney. I can almost quote each episode word for word. (almost)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information