Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cartoons you've re-discovered.

Some cartoons are so good that you never really stop watching them. Yea, you may take breaks every once in a while but you never really stop. Then, there's shows that even though you like you just stopped watching them for whatever reason. Then, years later re-discover them.

So, what cartoons have you re-discovered?

MY LIST:
    1. Recess. This was a show I watched back when it premiered in 1997. I watched it till about `98 or `99. Then in the summer of 2005 I noticed that Toon Disney aired the show a lot during the early afternoon and got hooked.

2. Power Rangers (yea, I know it's not a cartoon). Like every kid in America I was obsessed with Power Rangers back in 1993. I sticked with the show till Turbo in `97. In 2004, Tommy returned in Dino Thunder. I checked out a few episodes but didn't really have time for it. Then, in 2006 I noticed that Toon Disney aired Dino Thunder at 11pm and that ABC Family was airing the originals (MMPR) at 8am and got hooked for some strange reason.

3. X-Men. This is the most recent re-discovery. I started watching this show in `92 and continued watching till it's run on FOX Kids ended. And, now, after all these years I started watching it again since Toon Disney is airing it.

Mission Hill: Recently started airing on Adult Swim for the first time in ages. This was just one of several prime time cartoons that WB never committed to, despite their greenlighting the thing, but I didn't discover the series until August 2004, at least two years after debuting (with still unaired episodes) on AS. It's actually quite enjoyable if you can survive the poor color palette.

Nothing I can really think of, the only cartoons I've stopped watching are those I can't watch so I can't really 're-discover' them sadly!

Moomins, I haven't seen that since the start of the 1980's.

Have no idea of what that is.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Moomins are one of several different tv series based on a Finnish children's book series. Most of the series were made in Japan.

I can't think of series that I've rediscovered so much as being frustrated because I cannot get access to old favorites, like the Mighty Mouse theatrical cartoons.

If I must name a rediscovery it would be the Fleisher Popeye series in 1997. A friend asking me about them led me from my exclusive concentration on anime to my scattered interest in everything animated today.

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. It was never a fave of mine,but lately I find myself tuning into it more often than I did when it was still in production. And I find myself really appreciating its fatalistic sense of humor. I could still do without the gross-out stuff, though. When I rewatch the Big Boogey Adventure special, I always tune away at the point where Billy...does the thing...with the boat .

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's not so much "rediscovered" as "finally got to see some of the later episodes",but I got way more into Futurama after Adult Swim started playing it (Fox always seemed to change time slots/show it at 7 or 7:30pm,and I missed alot of season 3 and 4 episodes when they first ran)...

I got into Gargoyles when USA Network started playing the series on weekday mornings in '97....Before then,while I had seen an episode or two when it first ran,I wasn't that into it,but seeing it on a daily basis got me to appreciate the characters and how their story developed....

Pepper Ann- I didn't like it that much when it was on ABC but I fell in love with the reruns on Toon Disney

Wuzzles- I vaguely remember watching it on Disney way back when but got hooked on it in 2001 when I got Toon Disney

Been finding a lot of old and mostly vague Hanna Barbera cartoons, which I've spent a lot of afternoons lately watching at least one series each day. From the mostly common - like Yogi Bear, Pixie and Dixie, Snooper and Blabber - to the sometimes forgotten - like Hokey Wolf, Yippey, Yappey and Yahooey and the Hillbilly Bears. Was really intresting to see how the animation improved for HB in later years with these shorts, even with the verbal dialogue.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information