Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cartoons you've re-discovered.

The only cartoon that I've re-discovered is Batman: The Animated Series. I needed to watch some episodes that featured Batman and his conflicts with the Joker for a paper, which was really fun to write by the way, and I remembered how much I enjoyed watching those episodes way back when they were on television. Seeing Batman in action and seeing the dark cool storyline in those episodes brought back a wave of nostalgia that made me watch more after the paper was finished.

lol. Yea, I think in `05 I could have done the same.

Rediscovered a buried gem of an animated feature, 1997's Cats Don't Dance. I remember liking this movie when I was younger and I hadn't watched it in years until very recently. How in the world did a quality feature like this fail? Terrible marketing, hard competition and bad dividing of Time Warner's properties, that's how. The characters have real emotion, the songs are memorable and the animation just flows beautifully. It's a shame it was a flop, only making about $3.5 million in its paltry theater release.

If you haven't seen it, please do. It's thoroughly enjoyable and you won't regret it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pinky and the Brain. I've forgotten how well animated and well written this show is.
    I liked it as a kid but I can appreciate the sharp humor better now.

Nothing recently, but in high school, I was stoked at having rediscovered Secret of NIMH. The darker mood of the film was perfect for that time of life. Then in college, it was ExoSquad. I spent more than a few nights working in studio while watching/listening to the opening and closing emulti-parters.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I rediscovered 'Invader Zim' after watching a few episodes at my friend's house a month or so ago. I loved it when I was younger, but on re-watch, I've decided it really is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.

I've been catching up with Conan the Adventurer. I watched it back when it was on in the early 90's before school. It's actually even better written than I remember. There were a lot of episodes that I didn't see the first time around.

The Real Ghostbusters. I only had some vague memories of the show from my early childhood. When I watched it again 18 years later or so I fell in love with it again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information