Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Toon Zone Talkback - Simpsons, South Park Take Creative Arts Emmy Awards

This is the talkback thread for Simpsons, South Park Take Creative Arts Emmy Awards.

I missed this news so pardon me for the late thread creation, but am I the only one who is perplexed by the fact that “Camp Lazlo” is more-or-less creating Emmy awards? I believe that it has been nominated for four awards and it won three of them; I had hoped that “Chowder” would have beaten it this time, but it was not to be. Regardless, Joe Murray was quite happy to win yet another time.

Only Chowder and Lazlo were nominated? We have to have more cartoons airing than that.

Am I the only one saddened by King of the Hill's loss? It made an outstanding episode in an outstanding season but lost to a decent Simpsons episode in a tired season. It's not surprising it won again, but my opinion still remains the same.

I can't help but wonder if it's possible if the Academy could retire The Simpsons for nomination, since obviously I don't believe it's award-worthy anymore, and I'm sur most fans of animation would agree. This also wasn't the first year it beat out an outstanding episode of a better show (like "Three Gays of the Condo" topping both "And Then She Was Gone" and "Jurassic Bark", and "The Seemingly Never Ending Story" outsing "Go Goo Go" and "PTV"). When I think about it, the Animated side of the Emmy's hardly ever give the award to something I care about.

This.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information