Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Snow Queen

The Snow Queen

Anybody know where I can get a good DVD print of this film? I'm referring to the Russian version, dubbed into English with voices of Sandra Dee and Tommy Kirk. I'm asking because I'm currently reading (or trying to read) a book by Mercedes Lackey that's an adaptation of the Hans Christian Anderson fairy tale (and it's a lousy adaptation, trust me - what's happened to my once-favorite author???) and it brings to mind a memory of seeing a wonderful Russian animated movie when I was kid based on The Snow Queen. Amazon sells this film on DVD - but all the reviewers say it's a lousy print. I know I'm asking an obscure question, but does anyone know if there's a better version out there?

The Snow Queen

This is the copy I own:
    http://www.amazon.com/Stories-My-Chi...3310698&sr=8-1

Don't know how it compares with other releases, but it comes with two other films, so it's pretty good value.

The Snow Queen

That release seems to have a completely new, different dub of "The Snow Queen", which may not be what the original poster would want.

The Snow Queen

Actually to retract my earlier statement, the original poster might want the DVD version with the new dub since it sounds like it might be a better print. I misread the original poster's message thinking he/she specifically wanted a better print of the old dub from the 1950s.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information